Prologue

"Oh, hey Mona," Liam waves my way friendly, adding a nice smile to top it off.

Liam was one of my only guy friends that I made here when I moved from South Africa. Everything was much different when it came to the schools and sources of other education, compared to Africa. Liam was one of the guys who happened to be nice enough to show me around, and teach me the American ways- although he was foreign himself. Another one of the guys that showed me around was Harry, and he was also from out of America. I found it strange that most people who made friends with me, happened to be in the same situation I was in.

I returned Liam's friendly smile as he made his way over to my desk. It had been the second semester, meaning our schedules had been changed. I was happy that I had seen Liam here, because I didn't know anyone else in this class period. There was an empty seat next to me, and he rested his hand on the tip of the chair.

"Anyone sitting here?" he asked.

I shake my head, "No, not at all."

He only smiles and pulls the chair out to sit down in it, facing the front of the classroom with his elbows rested neatly in front of him. Liam was always so kind, and well-kept, that I constantly felt the need to match him. I moved my body to the front of the room, and sat up straight.

"So what did you do this weekend?" Liam makes small talk, although we both know that once the bell rings he'll be listening attentively in class. I, on the other hand, take that time to stare at him. I can't help it. I've had a little crush on Liam since he introduced himself to me, and it's hard to stay focused in class when i'd rather watch him pay attention.

"Well, I-" The bell cuts off my sentence, officially starting the beginning of class and Liam gives me an apologetic smile.

"You can tell me after class, yeah?" he quietly tells me as the professor stands.

"Okay, you little dweebs, it's time for English." Mr. Duncan says, with no enthusiasm like always. He has never been the most exciting teacher, but he merely did his job- and that was to teach us the subject of English.

"Do any of you happen to know who wrote Macbeth? One of the most confusing, yet inspirational writers of all time."

None of the students in the classroom say anything, in fact, most of them aren't paying attention. I watch a few even tap away at their phones underneath the desks, and chew at gum in between their teeth.

Liam raises his hand, confidently. Mr. Duncan's eyes move around the room until they set on Liam next to me. He doesn't look surprised, due to the fact that Liam is the only student who makes an effort. I would, but i'm new to this class period, and sharing it with Liam makes it all the more difficult.

"Yes, Liam?"

Lowering his hand, Liam gives a nice smile. "Shakespeare, sir. Macbeth was a play and script about having knowledge of the future, betrayal, and one's desire to be king."

Mr. Duncan nods, his face emotionless. "Good, Liam. You should do me a favor and teach this class some time, yeah?"

I watch as Liam's face turns nearly red, and he shakes his head slowly from embarrassment. "No sir, thank you though."

"As Liam said," Mr. Duncan goes on, pacing the room and occasionally glancing at me. "Shakespeare wrote Macbeth. During the next three weeks or so, we will be reading it whether you like it or not. I'll admit that it's confusing as hell, but you guys should be fine since you use the google to look up homework answers anyways."

And that was how the rest of the class period went; with me glancing at Liam, and the instructor talking about how kids us days don't know the meaning of correct grammar.

-

"What did you do during the weekend?" Liam asks me again, smiling as I stuff my binder inside of my bag.

I watch people rush outside of the classroom as if the end of the world were coming, and sling my bag over my right shoulder. Liam and I walk towards the classroom door now.

Shrugging, I answer his question. "I just stayed home sleeping, I guess. What about you?"

Liam bites his lip as if he were thinking about my question. We walk by tons of pushing people, and I think I feel Liam's arm brush against mine purposely- but maybe that was only in my own fantasized thoughts.

His face lights up when he remembers what he had done. "My mum and I helped out with the orphanages. It was amazing, because I absolutely love the thought of helping so many people."

"Me too," I say, even though I haven't done anything like that before. But I don't want Liam to think that I am a selfish person.

"That's great!" He smiles as we walk up the ramp. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, of course you can."

Liam stops at the top of the ramp, sweetly apologizing to the people who had abruptly stopped behind us. He bites his lip again, and picks up my hand with his own.

Butterflies form in my stomach when he warmly smiles at me. "We've been friends for a while now and I just wanted to know if," he pauses, "you wanted to have dinner with me sometime?"

Is this seriously happening? Liam Payne, my high school crush is asking me on a date?

"Yes, yes, of course! I'd love that," I smile and Liam smiles bigger, pulling me into a hug.

"I was afraid you'd decline for a second," he pulls away, that same charming smile evident on his stubbled face. "I've got to get to class now, but i'll give you a text or call, yeah?"

I nod happily and watch as Liam walks off down the hallway to his next class, my mind still in awe.

I would get to go on a dinner date with Liam Payne, nothing could stop me.

But little did I know that a blond haired and blue eyed waiter, would simply take my heart with him every where he went instead.

And the sad part was that there was nothing I could do about it.

-

hi new niall fic yaaaas

liam is my fav omfg its hard to have someone using him

but it has to be doneeeee

vote & comment or i'll murder your tacos

jk

but srsly