Chapter 2

Niall POV

Louis sighs heavily when he comes into the kitchen again, wiping god-knows-what substance onto his towel that he always has draped over his shoulder. I want to tell him that he looks like an idiot with it there, but he would refuse to listen to me otherwise.

I am about to make my way out of the kitchen, when his hand on my shoulder stops me. "Niall, can I speak to you for a second?"

Grunting, I uncomfortably shrug his hand away from my shoulder, "No."

What part of 'taking the night off' or 'personal space' does he not understand?

"Well either you want to discuss it or not, i'm going to tell you that there was a complaint about you today."

Fuck. Did those snotty people find out I spat in all five of their drinks?

When I don't say anything, Louis sighs. "She said you were rude to her."

Shit, I should have already known it was little miss princess. I don't give a single flying fuck if she thinks I was acting rude towards her- nobody tells me what to do. I might work at this lame ass job that my father forced me to be a part of, but that doesn't mean she can run all over me with her perfect boyfriend and shit.

"I don't care, Louis," I grunt, annoyed at the topic.

Louis immediately rolls his eyes at me, "Don't act like a bitch, Horan. I was only helping you out, since we both know you clearly need it."

"Don't fucking baby me," I spit.

"You're supposed to be changing," he points out. I just knew he'd bring that shit up because he does it every time.

"And I am," I lie.

"We both know that's utter bullshit," Louis snaps. "Changing for the better, Niall- you're supposed to be changing for the better. Your father said the job would help you."

I swing my coat around my shoulders and shove my arms inside of the sleeves. "I know how it goes," I roll my eyes, snapping. Can he just leave me the hell alone now?

Louis takes the towel from over his shoulder and tosses it onto the nearby counter. "I know you do, this is just a reminder."

I mumble profanities directed towards Louis as I shove my way out of the large kitchen through the back door and trudge outside to find my car in the parking lot.

+*+*

Mona POV

"Harry, please, enough," I roll my eyes to annoyance and shut my locker door where my friend's lanky figure has his body leaned next to. Harry always had a thing with wearing his hair in ponytails or buns, and today it just happened to be the famous high bun.

His signature sideways dimpled grin is across his mouth, showing that he's determined to tell yet another one of his 'humorous' knock knock jokes.

"Okay I promise, one more!" He holds his finger up, showing how many more he wants to tell.

I sigh in defeat, and we walk towards the cafeteria now. "Fine, but make it quick. Your jokes are worse than you think."

"You wound me, Mona," Harry holds a hand over his heart and I laugh.

"Knock knock."

"Uh, who's there?"

"Lettuce."

"Lettuce, who?"

"Lettuce in and you'll find out!" He cracks up, doubling over while we walk finding his own joke just so hilarious.

"That's too bad i'm not laughing," I say in monotone, watching Harry wipe his tears.