Chapter 7

how old are you?

-

Niall POV

"Fucking hell," I murmured. "Where is that idiot?"

Walking through the kitchen, slyly, I tried my hardest to find James who had promised me a pack of cigarettes because of a favor that I did for him.

I wasn't even supposed to be here today, but nobody could tell me where I could and could not go. If Louis saw me, i'd certainly be fucked though. He would tell my father on me like the kiss-up snitch that he was. In a way, since he was supposed to be the only tolerable lad here, it was damn annoying. But I knew how Louis was, so it's not like this behavior was unexpected.

"James!" I whisper yelled at the brunette male who was quickly hurrying out of the kitchen, pushing a tray of food in front of him.

He ignored me. And even though it pissed me the hell off, I chose to follow after James. Hoping that Louis wouldn't pay any attention to my presence, wherever he was, I quickened my pace.

However, when I realized that it was a god awful idea to run inside of a restaurant, my body had already collided into a tray of food that knocked me over onto the carpet.

Gasps filled the large and snobby building, and I didn't even hesitate that there were tons of eyes planted on me - I just hoped none of them belonged to Louis.

I cursed profanities underneath my breath and carelessly stood to my feet, brushing spaghetti noodles off of my ugly tuxedo that had already been stained by extremely hot tomato sauce. It was burning my chest already, but I tried my best to ignore the feeling. Why the fuck was there a random food tray sitting right here in the first damn place?

My eyes searched the room to find where James could have ran off to, and hopefully make sure Louis hadn't discovered me. Sadly, my vision was taken by her.

The princess, Ramona, and her million dollar boyfriend.

Her big brown eyes were wide, her full lips slightly parted. I watched how her eyebrows pinched together in both confusion, and worry. I didn't want to admit it, but Ramona looked fucking gorgeous. Her natural, dark wavy hair covered her collar bones and shoulders. Her caramel colored skin was glimmering underneath the lights above their table.

And that dress. Damn. It was the perfect fit for her curvy body. The thought of her so-called boyfriend putting his rookie hands on her, the way I wanted to at the moment, made my blood boil for some reason. He wouldn't even know how to touch her.

The blood rushing to my cheeks, made me realize how embarrassing this shit was. I had just fallen, and she'd seen it all.

Making matters worse, my eyes flickered to Louis who looked just as surprised as Ramona and her boy toy was. Fuck, I was really in for a load of shit now.

As I felt my hands curl into fists, I quickly stormed into the kitchen again in attempt to rid myself of being the center of attention.

"James, you piece of shit!" I shouted, not caring that all the chefs were listening to me scold another waiter.

James' eyes widened as I stormed towards him. He flinched, even though I wasn't going to hit him in the first damn place.

I scowled, "How the hell did you get back here so fast?"

He shrugged, arranging a stack of white plates before picking one up and setting it down in front of him. "I'm doing my job."

"Where are my cigarettes?" I asked instead, watching him place broccoli on the porcelain plate. James nodded.