Chapter 10

favorite word?

-

I watched my Aunt Macy and Uncle Randy, who was soundly sleeping, watch television as I sat on the stool against the island.

They were watching a strange American show about a weird looking character named Pepper. I admit that I was getting into the freaky show, that is until Harry decided to interrupt my attention with a phonecall.

"Mona," he sang.

"Harry," I repeated in the same tone.

"I can see you," he claimed. My eyes widened as I frantically looked out all the windows that had been in the living room. "Turn around."

Doing as he said, my body whirled around and saw him standing outside the kitchen window. There was a lopsided grin on his face and his hair was messily pushed up into a bun. Oddly enough, there was something that looked like a braid going up the side of his head.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, laughing at his girly hairstyle.

"Let's do something today. My schedule's free, and it's Saturday."

I held my phone up to my ear with my shoulder as I opened the fridge and took out two Sprite cans. Every time Harry came over, he at least drank two - which is probably why he had bad acne.

"Like what?" I sat down again.

"Well for starters," I watched him through the window, "you could open the door and let me inside."

"I could," I deadpanned.

"Mona!" He whined, and I laughed as I made my way to the door. When I opened it, he hung up our phone call and I handed him the two cans of soda. "Thanks," Harry dragged out the word.

Aunt Macy briefly turned around to greet the weird boy, but only returned her undivided attention to the television screen that was now playing a commercial about smoking.

I walked to the counter where a fruit basket rested, grabbed an orange, and handed it to Harry.

"You know me so well," He placed a large hand on his heart once he could set his sodas down onto the countertop.

"I have an idea where we could go today," I spoke up, watching Harry un peel his orange with ease. His green eyes trained on the fruit as he told me to go on.

"We could go to a restaurant," I shrugged.

Honestly, I wanted to go to that same fancy restaurant Liam took me to just to see Niall. The last time I saw him was when Liam and I ran a cupcake booth, which we did really well with. That day was possibly one of the best days in my life because - while we were successfully selling yummy sweets - Liam had asked me to be his girlfriend. His tall friend, Andy - who accompanied us - was so supportive, and even told me a few embarrassing stories of younger Liam. I was so happy, and still am. After all, Liam Payne is my boyfriend.

But was it wrong to want to see Niall again?

"With who's money?" Harry laughed, mouth full of orange slices.

"Yours, idiot," I handed him a napkin.

He took it, wiped his face, and tossed the crumpled napkin - along with his orange peels - into the trash bin. "Unfortunately, Harry is a broke man."

"Stop talking about yourself in third person," I laughed at his funny face expression and fluffy cheeks because of the orange stuffed in his mouth.

"I do what I want," He shrugged.

I sighed, plopping down in the stool and making my hair fall over my shoulder. "Now you sound like Niall."