Chapter 4

Niall POV

"My wife was a beautiful woman. Golden hair, a radiating and mind-capturing smile- she was just beautiful." My father began his long speech like he always did at these stupid dinner 'parties'.

"She loved being in charge, volunteering, and was a genuinely caring person in general. Before she passed, I had promised to teach our son responsibility, and gratefulness of the things he has been blessed with." He looks at me as everyone's eyes make their way in my direction- probably judging the hell out of me.

Taking a second glance at the gages he had told me specifically to not wear, my father lets out a throaty cough.

"And while I still need more work to be done," He continues while I hold a smirk on my face, knowing that I had truly pissed him off. "I have realized that I also put our business into the highest of rankings. I want to congratulate all of you on taking part of our success!"

Raising his glass, most people at the table do the same. After that, there isn't much but chattering and laughing. There are a few women that have their cleavage openly exposed underneath a fitting feminine tuxedo. Their skirts are short enough for me to possibly reach my hand up them and do whatever I please.

The idea of fingering an older woman makes a smirk creep onto my face, as the dirty thoughts take over my mind.

It isn't long, though, before an annoying woman's voice interrupts my fantasies.

"Hello!" She pipes, walking in with a man's arm linked around hers. He obviously didn't want to be here as much as I didn't- the extremely bored look on his face showed that.

I hadn't noticed the other two people who walked in before them; a tall curly headed boy dressed for a funeral, and some wavy haired girl dressed for a ball. I will admit, though, her curves in that dress are making my knees feel weak although i'm only sitting down. But even though I couldn't see her face yet, I had the odd feeling that i've seen her before.

"Sorry we came a few minutes late," the annoying woman says, wearing an apologetic smile. I've seen her at most of these business meetings but never cared to learn her name. "This is my niece Ramona, and her friend Harold."

The two people she's referring to give soft smiles to everyone, and I can finally see their faces. I watch as the boy whispers something to the familiar girl, and she quietly laughs, nudging him lightly in the stomach with her elbow.

Probably her boyfriend, I thought.

Taking a closer look at the girl, I recognize more features. Tanned skin, deep brown eyes, wavy- almost curly- hair. Her pink lips held an almost natural pout to them, as she looked around the room.

"Welcome Macy Tate, and Randy Tate! Those two seats are for you," My father announced, standing to his feet and leading the annoying woman along with her husband to their adjacent seats.

"And you two," he spoke again, turning towards Harold and Ramona. "I apologize that you won't be able to sit next to each other, but you may pick any other two seats that you like. There's one seat by my son, right over there?"

Fuck. That's who this girl is- the one from the damn restaurant. I recognize that same shocked gaze as the one she held when I shoved her order in front of her.

I can't help but hold the widest smirk on my face a she stares at me in shock. She resembles a deer in headlights, her rounded eyes wide, her mouth slightly agape- it's the perfect picture.

Harold tells her something with a wink, and for some reason it makes me angry. Honestly how many boyfriends did this girl fucking have? First Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes who bored the hell out of her, it seemed, while they attended the date. And now she's with some Mick Jagger impersonator or some shit.

Watching her whisper unknown words back to Harold, he doesn't hear her and sits in between the older women with their cleavage on for show. He grins, and immediately starts a conversation.

"Hello, princess," I immediately say, as I watch her sit down uncomfortably next to me. The same smirk is still evident on my face, due to the amusement I am feeling this moment.

She scoffs, slightly scooting her chair to the left. Of course, she can't go anywhere because of how closely we are packed into these chairs. It makes it even more amusing to witness that she is really making an effort to get away from me, though.

"Hello, rude waiter," her words are like a cold slap to my cheek. I can feel a growl form deep in my throat as I try to control my anger.

I hate being referred to as a waiter, and in fact I wish I could just quit the stupid ass job that I hadn't signed up in the first damn place. But to my father, becoming a waiter had to do with something like companionship and teamwork or something. Obviously, though, none of that shit was true considering that the only person I could somewhat tolerate, was Louis. And most times he would bug the fuck out of me.

"Where's your million dollar boyfriend? Don't tell me he couldn't make it," I pretend pout, and watch as she furrows her eyebrows at me in partial confusion.

"I don't have a boyfriend," she states.

"A fucking lie," I spit. "You were with some loser the night you ran your mouth and decided to snitch on me to Louis."

"You mean Liam? He is not a loser! He saves animals, and takes care of sick children. And don't act like you didn't deserve for me to leave a complaint about you! What you did, could have caused caesar dressing down my dress," She says out of anger, adding a small huff aftwerwards.

I ignore the complaint for now. "That sounds like a loser to me. You clearly weren't interested into anything the bloke had to yap about."

"You don't know anything about me," she huffs at me, with an eyeroll.

I let my hand brush across her thigh, "I probably know more than he does, princess."

She swats my hand away, "Stop calling me that!"

"Okay, Ramona," I smirk.

"That either. You don't know me, nor will you ever. Stop acting like you do all of the sudden, rude waiter," she adds purposely to piss me off.

I can't fucking say much now, anymore, other than whatever it is she's doing to piss me off- it's sure as hell working.

-

ummm Mona: 2, Niall: 1

lol

so as u all know, ive decided to give this story a chance before just completely deleting it as a whole haha

thanks for staying with me through that lol im insane

anyways im fricking tired rn soooo im going to sleep now

love u all and niall is hot

byeee

-kiana