Chapter 13

Mona POV

I watched Harry's lips as he spoke to me and realized how pink they were. It honestly looked like he wore lip balm, which he probably did. They were also a little girly shaped, but I wasn't judging. It was a good look for him.

Today Harry's hair was up in a large bun at the top of his head, per usual. He looked so much like a female sometimes, it was rather intimidating. But then, I would take a glance at his tight jeans, brown heeled boots, plain white t-shirts, and realize that he was just being himself in the simplest form.

"Mona?" Harry asked. "Were you even listening to a single word I was saying?"

I widened my eyes and diverted them to my half-eaten lunch. "Do you want the truth or a lie?"

Harry instantly groaned and threw his head back, making his big bun bounce backwards with him. "Come on! That was my best joke! It was a riddle that I found on the internet last week and I just now remembered it. Thanks for absolutely not listening to it."

"You're welcome," I responded, laughing a little at the fact that it was sarcasm. Then, my face went serious after remembering the night before. "I'm sorry, Harry. I just can't stop thinking about what i'm going to do in order to avoid Liam's mother. He thinks that everything's okay, but I -"

"Woah, what happened?" Harry's eyebrows furrowed as he focused his stern green eyes on me and crossed his long muscular arms. "You didn't tell me."

"Oh..." I sighed, fiddling with my fingers. "Liam brought me to his house to meet his mother last night, and at first everything was well. She was nice, friendly, and I suspected quite curious. I don't think she knew how offensive her questions were, though. She told me that I spoke 'well english', asked me if this was my real hair, and - over dinner - referred to my mother as if she had to be domesticated."

"What the actual fuck?" Harry swore, eyes nearly popping out their sockets. "That's racist!"

I frowned slightly as I looked down. "Yeah. I don't think Liam's dated a black female before, so maybe she's just...ignorant."

"You have to talk to him, Mona. That cannot fly with me. If someone - I don't care who it is - is treating my friend wrong, I'm not scared to put these dukes up." Harry raised his balled up fists with a slight smirk.

I laughed, "Harry, you're a softy - you're not going to do anything besides kill her with kindness."

He lowered his fists and crossed his arms as his torso comfortably leaned back a bit. "And even that will work. I'll throw stuffed animals at his mum until the cotton suffocates her. Who doesn't like stuffed animals?"

I gave him a weird look, but shook it off. "Anyways, how should I talk to Liam? What do I say?"

"Tell him his mother said some offensive stuff," Harry shrugged his broad shoulders and reached over to take a chicken nugget off my tray. "Him, being the prude he is, will speak to his mother for you. Then everyone has a happy ending. Yay."

I rolled my eyes just as the bell rang for lunch to be over. Both Harry and I stood to dump our trays, with everyone around us rushing to do the same.

"He's not a prude!" I exclaimed. Bun boy only chuckled as we walked down the hallway.

"Okay, sure Mona," he turned the other direction to head to class. "I'll see you later!"

"Bye," I waved to him as I quickly walked behind the crowd to shuffle to my next class in the day.

^*^*^*^*^*

I held my jacket to my cold body and sighed with my head being propped up by my arm, wishing that Liam was here hugging me with his warm and cozy muscular arms.