Chapter 1

Liam came to pick me up for our date around two minutes late, and apologized about it due to the fact that he had to buy me a bouquet of white roses and he had been waiting in a long line.

I sweetly told him that it was alright, and that he didn't need to apologize before we made our way to the limo waiting outside my house.

"Liam," I gushed. "You didn't need to do all this!"

He simply shook his head. "Mona, yes I did. I like you, alot, and i'd love it if you gave me the chance to show that."

After the short limo ride with Liam, we stepped out and was greeted by a fancy gourmet looking building. It wasn't tall, but long and had red rimmed along the walls. I could already see people walking in with their dates, holding onto their fancy dresses and adjusting the ties to their tuxedos.

Looking down at my plain red dress, I sighed. I wouldn't fit in here, but i'm grateful that Liam likes me and none of these other fancy rich girls walking in with their heads held high.

Once we had seats inside, I took notice to the smell of freshly buttered lobster immediately hitting my nose. The smell was so delicious, that I found myself nearly drooling.

Feeling Liam's leg underneath the table brush mine, I came back into reality.

"Have you been here before?" He asked, both curious and wanting to start a conversation.

That answer was obvious, but he didn't know that. "No, I haven't. What about you?"

He nods. "Plenty of times. Mostly with my mum- she loves it here, and I like taking her."

I smile, hands cupping my cheeks in awe- I need to show him that i'm interested. "I love that you take your mum out, that's sweet."

"It's the least I could do for her," he sighs. "She has done so much for me."

Someone appears to the side of our table, taking Liam's attention away from me so that I can't speak anymore.

When I look to see who it is, he doesn't even acknowledge me; it's the waiter, i'm guessing. I watch him take the pen out of his quiff-styled blond hair and bring it down to the small note pad in his hands. He's wearing a tuxedo like all the other employees, but the look on his face shows that he isn't proud to work here. The small gages in his ears are a small symbol of that, considering the strict 'no earring policy' I saw on the employee sign behind the front counter.

"Hi, have you come to take our order?" Liam politely asks the boy.

The waiter boy only grunts in poor response, "Yep."

"Have you decided what you'd like?" Liam asks me, while I skim my eyes over the menu one last time.

I nod and look at the boy, who still doesn't take notice of my precense. He looks down at his notepad, though, ready to write down what I want to order.

"The Caesar salad, and one cup of water, please?" I wouldn't want Liam thinking i'm fat or that I have a big appetite- even though I do- would I?

As if making fun of me, the blond boy snorts. I notice him even snicker before murmuring an, "Of course," in a thick irish accent.

"Excuse me?" I read his name tag for the first time, "Niall, what was it that you said?"

The boy doesn't say anything, but instead begins to write down my order. A devious idea sparks in my brain, and I quickly shake my head at him- even though he hasn't once looked at me, he notices.

"Nevermind, that isn't what I want. I'd like the baked potato bottomless soup, and a sprite." Honestly, that's what I really wanted from the start, but I thought that Liam would think low of me if I ordered it. And now that Niall had brought it to my attention that ordering the basic meal a twig would, I wanted to change it. That, and because I wanted to get on this waiter's nerves just a little.