-24-

ZAHRIAH CRUZ

I woke up beyond ecstatic. Today was the gender reveal! This day couldn't have come any slower, I was more than ready to finally find out, what the future had in store.

Dom's mother had been waltzing around here on cloud nine and it made me so eager to just find out what it is that I was going to be having. Without a single hint, I was stuck on the fence. Some days, I had my money on a girl and other days, I was sure that it was a boy.

Dominic however, was set on a boy. He wanted a little mini him and a part of me did also. I knew he would be extremely handsome and have the best father ever to train him. Dominic was going to be a great father regardless for sure, but seeing him with a little boy would definitely hit different for me.

I had gotten dressed in a simple white dress shirt and some blue jeans, that matched Dominic's outfit. I wanted to keep it light and simple, after all; it was just us. I was tempted to do the whole thing in sweats but for the sake of pictures, I figured I would switch it up just a bit.

I did my hair, my makeup and made sure I wore the best perfume in my collection. I didn't realize how good it felt to dress up, until it was all complete. I had really missed this side of life, being stuck in the house kind of made me forget how good it felt to finally get dolled up every once in a while.

Once I was done, as if on cue; Dominic made his way into the bedroom, dressed as well. He walked over to the vanity where I was sitting and kissed the top of my head. "You look amazing." He leaned down and kissed my neck. "How are you feeling?"

"Excited. How about you?"

"Just as excited. Can't wait to see who we got in there. A little Dominic jr. or a little Dominique."

"That's what we're not going to do!" I pointed.

"You're still in denial, I see."

"It's fact baby boy."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He waved me off. "Did you end up making that phone call?" he asked.

"... I tried." I got up from my vanity and picked up my phone, taking a seat on the edge of the bed where I could sit more comfortably. "I never expected this to be harder than I thought. It's just my parents... why am I so afraid?"

"You know why you're afraid."

"You're right..." I ran my fingers through my hair. "This is something I really want to do before the reveal. I kind of want to get it off my shoulders, you know?"

"I get it, I understand.... I think you should do it before, also."

I exhaled deeply and opened up the lock screen, proceeded to open the phone and dial the number that I knew quite well. Just as I was about to hit call, I froze; yet again.

"Whenever you're ready babe." Dominic whispered as he sat next to me on the edge of the bed. The phone sat in my hand; number dialed just waiting for me to hit call. Although it seemed like a simple task, it was harder than I expected it to be.

I gazed up into his eyes for reassurance and he gave me a light nod before leaning over to place a kiss on my cheek. "I don't know what to even say."

"Don't overthink it, let it all come naturally. Don't sugarcoat a thing."

"Before I make this call, I want you to know that no matter what transpires; I will always choose you."

He smiled, peering deeply into my eyes. "I appreciate that babe, but what do I always tell you?" I rolled my eyes immediately knowing what he was implying. "What do I always tell you?" he asked again.