-27-

FOUR MONTHS LATER
FINALE

FOUR MONTHS LATERFINALE

Dominic Alexander

"Are you nervous?" Zahriah asked while resting her hand against my shaking leg, "because there really is no reason to be. You've got this in the bag."

"I can't lie, just a bit." I glanced over at her for a moment before refocusing on the road before me. "As sad as it sounds, I've never actually done the whole first day of work type of thing."

"Of course, its always nerve wracking the for the first day, maybe even week but I know that you'll do just fine. You passed that interview with flying colors, I know the youth at the program are going to love you because you can genuinely understand where they're coming from."

"Hmm, very true." I nodded as we pulled up to a red light. I rested my hand against her baby bump just before leaning over to kiss her lips. "Thank you, mama." I smiled just before kissing her again. "Enough about me though. What do you plan on getting into today?"

"Well, after dropping Maya to school." She gazed over her shoulder at the little one who had been far too invested in her iPad to pay us any mind. The light changed before us and I drove off, "I'm thinking to head over to target and see if I could grab some more stuff for the baby."

"As if little mama needs anymore stuff." My brows furrowed, "her closets pretty much over capacity at this point in time."

"You can never have too many things."

"Oh, trust me. You can." I nodded. "You don't need another thing."

"Actually!" Zahriah raised her pointer finger. "I do need something else. Remember that little seat that we saw on Instagram, the one that moves with the baby in it?" I let out a sigh just before laughing. "No, Dom. I'm serious." She took my hand into hers and said, "it's called a MamaRoo!"

"And you need it?"

"Of course, I need it." She said with confidence, "since when did you become some frugal, dad?"

"Since we decided I'd give up the club and take this real job..." I cracked up, "a decision we both made together."

"Oh yes, you're right." She nodded, "one that I am proud of you for making nonetheless."

"I appreciate that and I know after months of being spoiled, it's going to take some getting used to. That's what happens when you get a taste of luxury you know? Nothing else quite compares. A short story of my life..."

"True, but if it means us alongside our future family being safe and you starting this new journey. I'll take it any day! We were also blessed enough to keep the house so; I can't really complain."

"I agree."

"But I still do need to go to Target... I need to pick up some more paper towel. Maya also needs more snacks for school, plus this morning I realized a little hole in her lunch bag. Although minor, I still want to replace it. OH!" she clapped her hands together, "Now that you're going to work; you need a lunch bag as well and a thermos along with a water bottle."