-13-

DOMINIC ALEXANDER

"Damn..." I muttered rubbing my temples. Just as I was about to stretch, I realized that Zahriah had her arms wrapped tightly around me. I looked down to see her deep in sleep; her mouth opened slightly as she snored lightly against my chest. I glanced over at the window, trying my best to figure out what time it was; however, with the headache I had it was far too hard for me to even think.

I needed a water bottle and an Advil without a doubt. Afterwards, I'd be able to get a better grasp on what to do with myself next. I removed her arm from around me carefully slid out of the bed before she could tell.

I scratched the back of my head while walking into the bathroom to take a well-needed shower. After doing so and brushing my teeth, I searched through my bag for something random to wear. I wasn't a big hangover person; barely even experienced them but it was different this time around. Every time I blinked, I felt pain in my head. My stomach held a huge knot and I still for some reason felt extremely exhausted.

I stepped out of the room, shutting the bedroom door behind me; trying my best not to wake Zahriah up from her deserved rest. I made sure it had locked properly then looked up to see two women staring directly at me. "Told you, you owe me 20 dollars." One of the outstretched their hand, "I know my daughter, I know she likes the bad boys."

"Lucky guess, this is the first time she ever brought someone within close proximity to us." She reached for her wallet on the table, handing the twenty over to the other one.

"My apologies... Are you Zahriah's mothers?"

"That we are." One of them spoke up, "well I am Gigi and this is my wife Kelise. I am the mother; she is the mom." She pointed in Kelise's direction. Kelise rocked a low fade with a crisp line up to match, she dressed in a crisp white tee with some green and white adidas shorts. Gigi, on the other hand was a beautiful voluptuous woman she wore a very contagious warm smile that made me feel that warm motherly love off rip. "And you are?"

"Dominic." I trotted over to the bar where they stood and reached out to shake both of their hands. Kelise however, dapped me up.

"Nice to meet you Dominic." She said, giving me a nod. "Care to join us for a drink?" she held up a solo cup which immediately made my stomach tight.

"To be honest, I'm going to have to pass on that one." I held my hand up. "Had far too much last night."

"And the nights prior." Gigi pointed, "Zahriah thinks just because we don't come here often, that we don't know how many bottles we had before we left."

"My apologies, I'm sure we can replace them for you."

"No need, there's more than enough where that came from." Kelise stated grasping Gig's glare, "let us be good hosts babe."

"I'm just saying." Gigi looked towards me and huffed out a sigh, "you must be hungry though. I know Zahriah planned on cooking but she seems to still be knocked out."

"I can wake her up if you'd like." I volunteered, attempting to walk back into the room.

"No need, let her get her sleep." Kelise waved off, "plus we might as well get to know you for who you are, I always find meeting the parents easier when your significant other isn't in the way trying to paint you out as perfect. You know?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "yeah." I answered trying my best to play it cool. "I mean, her and I are just friends."

"Sure you are." Gigi rolled her eyes, "that's what they all say."