Chapter 6

( 1 weak after visit to the d'arcs)
(Y/n) prov
"So are you ready Oliver?" I asked
" Yes I am (Y/n), this is my first step as a blacksmith! Of course I will be excited." He excitedly exclaimed.
Walking in to the smithy I see my father waiting for me.
" So (Y/n), this is the boy you were talking about. The one that wanted to be a famous blacksmith."Father asked.
" Yes it is dad"I replied
I see my father turn towards Oliver " so kid I heard that you want to be a famous blacksmith, your going need to be dedicated towards smithing, you can't half-heart your works like some of the other kids here. Are you sure you are going to put your all in this?"
"Y-Yes sir. I will do my best." Oliver said with much determination despite the stutter.
" Well then that's what I like to hear, you go over there and wait. I need to tell my son to do something."
Nodding his head, Oliver headed towards the place pointed. I see a little skip in his steps, he must be very happy.
" So dad where's your speech when I started." I asked
My father laugh nervously " Well kiddo, don't mind the small details let's get started with you task. You have been learning how to smith for about two weeks now, today I will give you a small test. The test is to make a proper dagger ."
" Ok I'll get started" i said picking up a pair of tongs. Putting the metal in the furnace I made it softer so that I can hammer it in to the shape I want. After the heating process is done I remove the extra metal and start to hammer it into shape on the anvil. Finishing the step I cool it down in the quenching bucket before I start to sharping on the wet stone.
A bit of time pass by and I manage to create a proper knife.
" So your done huh?" A voice beside me said. Surprised I turned my head to my side
" Oh it's just you Emma, you scared me." I sighed
" What do you mean its just you (Y/n) are you not happy to see me?"
"No no it's not like" I panic
" Don't worry (Y/n) I'm just joking" Emma giggled
" I'm here to judge your work"
" I see"
Picking up my knife she starts to inspect it "hmm not bad" she said. Taking out an apple she uses the knife to cut it " it's very sharp too, I'll give it a grade higher than average." Emma evaluated.
Nodding my head, I felt pride than I improve. And I felt that i did it at a fairly fast pace as well.
" Well that's all for today you can go if you want." She said
" I'm going to stay here and see my friend practice." I said
Heading towards Oliver and father, I see father instructing him on how to smith.
"Hey, how are you doing so far?" I asked
"Well son, he's doing very well so far, at this rate he will pick up the basics in no time!"father replied.
"I was asking for Oliver reply dad" I said.
" Oh, I'm having a lot of fun smithing (Y/n)! I know this was the path for me." Oliver said
" Well I just want to see how your doing, and now that I've done that enjoy your lesson Oliver, bye." I said walking out, picking up the knife that I've just forged.
"Bye (Y/n)!" Oliver shouted.

Making my way towards my usual mage craft training spot. I decided to create some targets, for practice. Turing on my mystic eyes, the world became grey. Picking up my knife I headed towards the tree of choice and trace the lines on the trees,  after finishing the tree falls down. I hope no one saw a giant tree fall down, and I start to cut the trees in to circular figures. Turing off my mystic eyes I start to carve markings on the wood to signify where I need to aim.
Finishing I look at my work, not too bad if I say so myself.
Projecting the knife I just made I start to take aim and throw it at the target I set, no surprise  I missed.
I practice till the sun fell, during the practice I realise that the projected knife was quite durable despite not reinforcing it. It must be the history behind cause it's so new I could trace this knife. So I today I learn that I can trace things that are new, and that means I need to find a way to increase my memory and find a way to increase the way I can process the information. Walking back I think what else could I do or what do I know, as far as I remember this is as far I do I terms of learning things by myself. Well all that's left is to practice and practice.
(The next day)
'Swish' the knife fly's across the forest and lands on the target slicing it in half.
"Haaa" I breath out, it looks like my training is going well enough. I can hit the lines while running in a difficult terrain.
'Hmmm, I want to find a bear! And beat it' I thought, with that I started running around the forest trying to find one. After running around for around I could not find any bears.
"Grrrrrr." I turn around and see a pack of wolf, very hungry wolfs.
"Good doggies?" I said sheepishly
"Bark! Bark!" 'More barking nosies'
Pumping prana through my body I start running to make distance between me and the dogs, and the animals start to chase. Projecting knife I start to throw them at the wolfs death lines, a couple hit so there are lesser wolfs that are chasing me, that good I thought.
Soon enough they caught up to me, I figure as much being in a child's body can only get me so far even if I was reinforcing it.
Getting in to a fighting stance I lift my knife in front of me, getting ready to strike if needed. The four reminding wolfs started to circle around me, this is bad I'm surrounded. One of them then attacked me, dodging to towards the side I plunge my knife deep into the line, my knife easily pieces it's hide and kills it. "One down, three more to go." I whispered to myself, I thought to myself reinforcement is really the only reason why I'm alive right now.
Getting back into focus I eye the reminding three wolfs, projecting and filling the projected knife with my od I threw it at one of the wolfs. The projection successfully killed the wolf but the other two lunged at me, I barely managed to roll out of the way and I ready more knifes. Adjusting myself, I threw the knife and killed the reminding wolfs.
That's it the battle was over, I breath a sigh of relief at the scene. I look over at the wolfs this was my first battle in this world, looks like I need to get stronger if I wanted to continue using mage craft and survive. There will definitely be enemies I need to face if I was to continue to use mage craft.
" Hahahaha!" I laughed, but for now I will enjoy my small victory's.
Now for my next question how to get rid of the blood on my knife and my shirt.
(A/n)
So I've been trying to update longer chapters and do tell me if I can improve on anything on the story. Or try to make a longer chapter than this and the previous one. That's all I have to say, Bye bye.