Chapter 10

(Y/n)
I Ran, Ran, and Ran, and Ran. As fast as my legs could carry me. Closer, I could see the village burning clearly now.
The flowers dropped from my hands, along with the flower crown I had on me.
'No, this can't be happening. This is too cliche.'
Reaching the village, I immediately went straight to my house. I saw it burning down, 'shit'. Ash reached my lungs as the building collapsed.
<insert cough sound>
'The house is out of the option, so they must have escaped!'
"Mom! Dad! Anyone?!" I shouted as I ran down the dirt streets. Reaching the end of the town, I see a shadow of a person among the fire. 'Found them! It could be a survivor or my parents.'
"Hey! Mister! What happened here?"I shouted. But there was no reply.
"Mister! Are you okay?" Once more there was no reply. Getting close to the person, I noticed the thorn clothes he had on.
"My, my. To think there was a person I missed. I need to rectify this immediately!" A pompous voice said behind me, looking behind I saw a red-eyed man behind me. Wearing a black suit, a brown shoe with a watch in his pocket. His green hair waving in the air in front of the flames.
'Danger!' My instincts flared. Reinforcing my body I dodge the hand coming straight for me, but I still got a light scratch from it.
"To think a kid could dodge that, I must be getting rusty." He said as he flicked my blood off his hands.
I need to get out here now! I ran as fast as I could.
"Now, now. I'm not done with you." He said as he grabbed my collar, and threw me back. Hitting a tree, I gasped as oxygen was forced out of my lungs. Breathing heavily I see the figure approaching me. I know what this is, my chances of survival are close to none. I could only pray to God that someone will come and save me.
The man looked at me, his eyes scanned my body.
" To think there was a magecraft user in this    Small village. Tell me who taught you," he asked.
"No one" I answered, I wanted to buy more time so that hopefully someone would come.
"No wonder, the way you used it was horrendous!" he exclaimed.
"Well nevertheless, tell me child what are your final words."
My words were slow, " My parents, Haa , what happened to them." My voice was soft in the end, my back against a tree.
"Them? I think I remember someone that looks like you." He clapped his hand twice. Two bodies were thrown in front of me, looking up I saw a ghoul, tensing up. I prepared for it to attack me, seeing it walking away I look at the bodies in front of me. They were heavy malled but I could still make their faces out.
"They're dead... Huh." I said
"Yes, but don't worry. You'll be with them soon." He slowly approached me.
'No! I won't allow him to get away from this scot-free!' I thought. 'He's still underestimating me that's good, one strike is all I need.'
I waited as approached me, he was in front of me. He raised his hand ready to strike me down. He swings his hand.
Dodging it barely again, I took out the knife from my pocket, activate my mystic eyes, and took a swing at his arms.
The man didn't even bother dodging it, he barely acknowledged it, but he looks slightly surprised that a knife could easily but his arm off.
"I didn't know you still have strength, you kid. But" he smirks. "It's useless."  Silents between us were suffocating, as he waits for something to happen. 'Good that means he did not notice.'
"What's happening! Why won't it regenerate! YOU WHAT DID YOU DO!" The man was fuming.
"I Atticus will end you! Your death shall be excruciatingly painful " He said menacingly.
He rushed towards me grabbing me by the arm he started to smash me on the ground multiple times.
*CRACK* I think that was the sound of my ribs breaking. I was then assaulted with excruciating pain in my chest. ' I must survive.' I coughed out blood. He starts to attack me, I tried to defend myself, but the attacks were too much for me, cuts and gashes littered my body. Looks like he really wants me to suffer.
The assault lasted for a while more before he kicked my sides.
*CRACK* I think that's another rib broken. Laying on the ground, I felt my strength leave me.
"Your time ends here. Child!" He said the last words with disgust.
But an arrow flew past me, along with a few spells.
"Tch!"
"You got lucky this time child." He retreats.
With that, he disappeared. I felt my body relax when he disappeared. My eyes slowly close as I saw a woman approached me.
'I survived!' I smiled before passing out
(A/n)
Do tell me if there is anything I can improve on.