Chapter 18

Saying goodbye to Alex and the boys was like a blow to the gut. I was standing on the sidewalk as they threw their bags into their tour bus. Jack, Rian, and Zack were all ecstatic about me and Alex. Jack practically exploded and the other two couldn't stop smiling and talking about old times.

Rian was the first to hug me and get on the bus. Then it was Zack and I tried to avoid how nice his biceps were. They were quick goodbyes, but in no means less emotional goodbyes.

I watched as they climbed up the stairs of the bus and raised their hands in goodbye waves. I shyly waved back. I just wasn't ready to say that I  wouldn't see them for a month.

Jack took his sweet time walking towards me; his happiness over me and Alex wiped from his face. Instead, he was frowning and his eyes were big and sad like a puppy's. His specialty.

He stopped a few inches from me and held out his arms. I threw myself around him and felt tears threatening to escape.

"I love you Val."

"I love you too Jack. And I'll see you soon."

The reminder was enough to make Jack smile again. He kissed my head and jumped into the bus.

Alex was leaning against their hotel with his emotions written all over him. His eyes were dull, his smile non-existent and his shoulders were slumped. I made my way to him and his lips twitched in a small grin.

"Don't be so sad Alexander. You'll see me in a month."

Alex reached out for me and I stepped into his hold. He pressed his chin on my head and clutched me to his chest. "I know but it still sucks. We just now got back to this place."

I smirked and mumbled into his shoulder, "which will make the reunion sex so much better."

Alex laughed and it shook his body. "You always know how to make me feel better."

I just shrugged and lifted up on my tippy toes to kiss him. He placed his hands on my cheeks and deepened the kiss. It did have to last a month.

"Call me every chance you get?"

"Of course. And you'll... stay out of trouble?"

His eyes studied me and waited for my answer.

"Of course. As long as you do" I said sternly.

Alex faked an offended noise and touched his chest. I rolled my eyes and he smiled down at me.

"I gotta go. Talk to you soon baby. I love you."

My heart flip flopped at the endearment and I couldn't hold back my smile.

"I love you too. Be careful."

Their bus pulled away and I watched, trying to tell myself it wouldn't be too long.