Chapter 20

The next few weeks sped by. I spent my days at work finishing up some articles and getting ready to work from the road. Sierra was amazingly sweet about it and even agreed to help me organize.

"So he was your ex flame huh? Why didn't you tell me?" Sierra asked, admiring the cover of the magazine. It had just been printed and Sierra insisted on showing me first. It was awesome. A group shot of the boys surrounded by concert pictures collected from readers and other photographers and my name and the title in red letters. I had never felt so proud of myself.

"Yeah. We dated for three years. Now we're uh... back together. And I don't know. Scared I guess."

Sierra smiled and sat the magazine down. "He is handsome. But this one... he's gorgeous" she said pointing to Zack. I stifled a laugh and shrugged my shoulders.

"Well he is single. Maybe I'll put a good name in for ya."

Sierra's cheeks turned pink and she couldn't look me in my eyes. She was so beautiful. She was tan and had long blonde hair that she always had in a pony tail. Her green eyes were bright and bold like emeralds and her teeth were almost luminescent. Not to mention her legs that seemed to go for miles. Yeah, Zack could meet her. Alex couldn't.

I went home that day with a huge smile plastered on my face that I just couldn't wipe off. It was a sunny Friday afternoon with a nice breeze. I was leaving for New Jersey on Sunday morning. Just one more day, I thought. And it would consist of me packing for the road.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had music blasting and was packing up some clothes when there was a knock on my door. I pulled it open while tossing my hair into a bun. Mark was standing there and holding some wine. I felt a bit uneasy and raised my eyebrows. My spine tingled and my hair stood on end. Why was he making me nervous?

"Hey. Just thought we'd celebrate your last weekend at home for awhile and I figured you'd be busy tomorrow. I hope this is okay."

I hadn't felt weird around Mark since he had kept to himself the last few weeks but I couldn't shake the off feeling in my gut as I looked at him. I managed a weak grin and moved to let him in.

Why was I letting him in?

He let himself get comfy on my couch while I got glasses and a cork opener.

"I also brought a little something else."

Mark held up a small bag of marijuana and smiled devilishly. Goosebumps appeared on my arms and a chill ran down my spine. I was nervous and had an odd sense of pressure gripping my chest. I really wanted Alex.

"I thought you might like one more blaze up since you told me you flushed your stash."

Was he always this skeezy? The idea of getting high wasn't terrible. Just to let off a little steam before I left. But I didn't want him here. Fuck, I needed Alex.

I tried to swallow and couldn't. I just nodded at him and waited.

He handed me a blunt and I nervously took it. Something was off. So why couldn't I tell him to get out? Was I scared?

I twirled the blunt between my fingers and stared at it. I could feel Mark's burning gaze on me.

I started to smoke after some hesitation and an eerie feeling crept up on me.

I puffed out some smoke and my stomach tightened. My head started to pound and I felt dizzy. I gripped the edge of my coffee table and tried to breathe.

"What... what?"

I heard Mark chuckling and looked to see him smirking. My vision was starting to blur. I've been high before... a lot. But I've never felt like this. I felt sick. I felt faint.

"I just added a little something baby. Now close your eyes and relax."

He reached out to me and I jumped back, falling off my couch and slamming my head on the floor. My eyes blackened in the corners and I fought to stay conscious. My mouth felt like it was glued but I could hear myself whimpering.

Mark placed his cold hand on my mouth and crawled on top of me. I tried to move but I was too weak and he was crushing me.

"Shame that you hit your head. I at least wanted you awake."

He sighed and moved so that he was straddling me. "Oh well. I get what I want either way."

I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks as he tightened his grip on my arms. He held them above my head and pushed them down into the hard floor.

He moved one of his hands down my body and I wanted to scream. I tried but the sound was muffled. My eyes were threatening to shut.

I could feel Mark's hand in between my legs. No. God no.

My eyes started to shut just as Mark started to slid off my pants.

The last thing I remember feeling was the unpleasant and rough coolness of his fingers and wishing I was dead.

The plot has officially been twisted!!!

Let me know what you guys think will happen next. Update coming at you later in the week. Thursday sound good?

Love you all!!