Chosen

"Perseus Jackson, Tommy Jones, and Martin Lamb report to my office immediately. And don't mess anything up or dawdle, you useless thugs, there is to be an adoption."

Martin and Tommy are my only friends here at Gotham Orphanage. They were both there for me when I was first sent here, away from Estelle. They helped me fit in and even create a plan of escape, and they wanted to help rescue my baby sister. But now, with the adoption happening today, if I was chosen there would be no chance of getting her.

"Don't worry, Perce," Tom brushed his long, dark hair out of his eyes, "Everything is going to be ok."

"Yeah," Marty's voice quivered, "we'll be fine.

I could see in his warm brown eyes, he was scared. He ran his fingers through his honey hair, a habit he picked up from me, and sighed, "I wish we could all just run together, right now. It would be great, only relying on each other. You guys are like brothers and no matter who is chosen, we always will be. You know?

We all silently nodded to each other, we were tight, we were close, no one could break our bond no matter where we all ended up.

(Time skip of like, 5 minutes)

The two people who wanted to adopt one of us looked awful. They both looked like terrible people, I couldn't imagine why they were being allowed to adopt.

The man, Jack Shervile, had greasy blond hair and beady green eyes. His breath smelled of alcohol, and I wouldn't be surprised if he and his wife did drugs.

His wife, Lydia Shervile, had buzz-cut brown hair and brown eyes that never seemed to focus much on anything. So yeah, these were great choices for parents. 

Both of them put up a sweet front, playing the "always wanted a big family" card. They had three other adopted children, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were abused. You could see it in these people's eyes that they wouldn't hesitate to hurt you. If I was adopted that would be the first thing to change, I would protect those littles with my life.

"Please," Ms. Jace, the lady in charge of the home, spoke, honey lacing her every word, "this way. These three boys meet most of the criteria that you told me about. They are also our finest, and they are very strong and capable, I can assure you."

I glanced over at Tom and Marty, both of them looked terrified. I could understand, I didn't want to go with these people either.

Tommy was called forward, but stumbled into Mrs. Shervile, fear plastered to his face.

"You idiotic boy,' she hissed, quietly, "we don't want a bumbling fool like you. You might as well leave, now."

Tom looked relieved, he didn't want to go with these people, I don't think any of us did. But at least he was safe. Looking back at us, he frowned, he was worried about us. I could tell what he was thinking, we would have it even tougher there than here if we went with these people.

"Martin, step forward," Ms. Jave snapped, she was in a really bad mood now, "and be quick about it!"

This time, Jack was the one to look the candidate over, "He's too small, doesn't look strong enough. We want someone stronger, not him."

And that was when Jack and Lydia's eyes snapped over to my frame, hardened and strengthened from my life as a demigod.

My heart dropped as they grinned evilly at me, "We want that one."

__________

Hello fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

I decided to do another chapter today, no particular reason why, maybe I got inspired. I really don't know. XD So, Percy is now being adopted by some really terrible people, I know I'm a terrible person. I'm so sorry Percy! It had to be done for the sake of the story! I feel really horrible, now, like, I feel like I betrayed my guy. I'll make it up to you, Percy, I promise!

On a completely different note: Do you guys ever think "I wonder what happens next!" and then you remember it's your story and there's internal panic and then it's like "aw crap"? If not, I can assure you that it's terrifying. 😅

Well, I'm going to write some more, so. Bye. 👋

                        -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱