Wakey, Wakey!

(Percy's POV)

I shut the door quietly, hoping Bruce and our conversation didn't wake the boys up.

I let my guard down to him, not completely, but a small fraction of a degree. I could see the concern on his face, and it reminded me why I never let anyone in easily.

They would think I was fragile.

But Bruce didn't look at me much differently, but his eyes now held a little more understanding.

He helped me to breathe, telling me I could lean on him, and he showed a side of him I haven't seen too often before.

I walked over to my desk, ignoring any notion of going back to bed. I wouldn't be able to sleep with the nightmare and I've been thinking about it too much.

Maybe it would help to talk about it like I was told before by Will, but I couldn't do it yet. The pain still felt as fresh as the dew on the mansions law, like a dagger that kept repeatedly stabbing me in the chest.

The survivors at Camp offered to listen if I needed to talk, but they wouldn't understand as easily. I couldn't go back there, which is why I didn't. 

The memories were more painful than the day everything happened, I feel like I would crack once and for all if I went for a visit.

Picking up a picture from my desk, I took in the familiar scene.

It was a photo of when we were all on the Argo II. We were having breakfast and just being the goofy kids we should've been, without a care or problem in the world.

Piper was snuggled up into Jason's side as everyone laughed at Leo's joke, Leo was on Frank and Hazel's shoulders, Annabeth had her arm around my waist, and I was turning the camera towards us, taking the photo.

It was probably the last time we were all together and happy.

I couldn't help but let more tears splash down as I placed the frame face down on the desk.

They're all gone.

(Next morning, Tim's POV)

Groggily, I lifted my hand, pushing someone's elbow from my ribcage. It took me a moment to remember where I was, but it soon came to me.

Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I untangled myself from the mess of limbs, trying not to fall on my face.

I glanced about the room before my eyes landed on Percy. He was staring out the window, lost in his own head again.

He told me once, that it wasn't good for him to be in it for too long, so I walked over, "Mornin'."

He quickly judo-flipped me, "Don't do that," he harshly whispered, "you can't just walk up on me and scare me, I could've chopped your head off or something."

"Sorry, I didn't have my coffee yet," I yawned.

He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, before quickly pulling his hand away, "Now I'm starting to do that like Bruce, I think it's your fault."

We laughed lightly, before walking to the kitchen, leaving the others to sleep.

I swung my arms back and forth, getting a cup of coffee, "So, how did you sleep last night? I woke up at one point and you weren't there."

He looked up at me, "It was nothing."

I could see he was lying, which was confusing. He didn't let you see through his lies that easily unless he wanted you to, and he looked really tired, not in the sense of sleep, just physically exhausted.

"Are you sure you're ok, Percy?"

"You're sounding like Bruce now," He laughed, before relenting at my glare "but... no... I'm not 100 percent ok. But don't worry about it."

I was kind of surprised, he actually told me he wasn't all the way okay. Usually, he would just cover up when he was feeling like that.

Wait, is he starting to open up?  I never thought it would happen this soon, or even at all.

____

Have a good day my fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

-EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱