Missing

(Percy's POV)

Rachel and I continued to hide, hugging the wall before we got separated.

My eyes scanned the crowd, desperately trying to find her. I mean, I know she'll be fine on her own, but she's one of my closest friends. I couldn't bear to lose anyone else.

(Damian's POV)

We tried to find Jackson, searching the whole room, but he was not to be found. It seemed he disappeared into thin air. We knew that the Joker and his nonsensical plan would not work, as we would come after and rescue him, but we needed to find him first.

An angry yell soon came from the middle of the room, alerting everyone.

The Joker had taken a hostage.

It was a girl of seventeen, with a flaming mass of curly red hair, dressed in a simple maroon gown and heels. And in her hand, she was holding a blue hairbrush... threateningly?

The Joker laughed, "If you don't show yourself, Mr. Jackson, I guess we'll have to kill this guest of yours!"

Jackson would not be stupid enough to give himself up that easily, but I expected wrong. He confidently walked out of the crowd, anger plastered to his features. Everyone was slightly scared, but his rage made the Joker's smile grow wider if that was even logically possible.

His voice rang out through the silent room, "Release Rachel, right now."

He walked with confidence, holding himself like a warrior, speaking with the voice of a leader, "I said to release her, you have me. I'm right here, leave her. Unharmed."

The Joker complied, releasing the shocked girl as she cried out to him, "You didn't need to do that, he's going to hurt you, Perce."

He smiled grimly in return, "I'll be fine Rachel, you know that I've been through way worse, I can take it."

I couldn't help but linger over what he said. It made more sense now, however, with the reason behind his nightly muffled screams, the eating problems, and the combat skills he possesses. He conceals these things from us and, with the good cover-up stories and walls he crafts, we are rarely ever able to see through the front he puts up. We all have a feeling Pennyworth has an idea of what happened, but he remains silent.

All of us worry, not knowing what is going on in Jackson's mind, or why he feels he needs to pull up those fronts around us. I can see why he wouldn't be comfortable around the unbearable Todd, but we all have become concerned about him. (If you tell anyone I care, which I don't, I will personally hunt you down with my katanas) And whatever happened would have been terrible for it to shake Jackson, as he has come to prove to us how resilient he is, ever since he came here.

My thoughts were interrupted as Jackson was about to speak further, but the Joker took out his gun and pistol-whipped him. His eyes rolled into his head as he collapsed, skull banging onto the cold marble, causing everyone to wince.

I turned to look at Father, noticing the other Justice League members trying to reach Jackson, but they were too late. Bane and Joker were gone, Percy disappearing with them.

_________

Hello my fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

How are you all today? I've been doing pretty good, got some more writing down, ate some cereal, and am now waiting for my schoolwork page to load. CURSE YOU SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH! (hehe)

But I think it's safe to say that Percy despises galas more than he did a chapter or two before (if it's even possible for him to hate them more than that lol). How do you think you would fare at a gala? I'm sure I would fail miserably at gala-ing, or whatever you wanna call it. XD

           -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱