Speech Cards? Who Needs Them!

Alfred led me to the door, and soon the others and I greeted the guests one by one. I got tired of it fast, finding an escape when I saw Wally.

"Hey, Wally," I groaned, dramatically flipping my hand to my forehead, "this is the worst. I'm not a giant fancy party guy."

'Yeah," he sighed in response, tugging at his suit.

We decided to get some snacks, before Wally cackled in uncontrollable laughter, "My god, Percy, I love your socks!"

I pulled my pant leg up, revealing my blue swordfish patterned socks, "Shell yeah, they're awesome."

"Well, I guess pier-pressure didn't get to you, and you stuck with your insane choices." We both laughed, earning some looks from the other guests.

Wally gripped my arm, giggling "Yeah, buoy!"

We kept going on with the ocean puns, unable to stop.

"These socks are really so-fish-ticated, don't ya' think?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

We both snorted, grabbing our ribs as we tried to breathe.

A voice came from behind us, sounding confused, "What on earth are you laughing about, Wally?"

We turned around to see a sporty-looking young girl with calculating brown eyes. She looked me up and down, judging me, assessing my strengths and abilities, as I did the same.

An emerald green gown hung off her athletic figure, with matching earrings and flats. She wore her blonde hair tied up in an elegant braid, as it hung off her shoulder, complimenting her outfit. It was a simple look, but it seemed to suit her well. 

She was sporty, very good with a bow considering the callouses on her hands, and very skilled in combat. She would be an interesting opponent.

Wally smiled, "Hey Artemis! Percy, Artemis, Artemis, Percy."

We shook hands and she seemed surprised with my strong, calloused grip.

"So, Wally, Percy, what was so funny?" A redhead asked, smiling lightly.

She wore a light plush pink dress with low heels and an intricate bun. Her headband held the falling pieces of her hair, and some pieces managed to sneak out, framing her face softly. 

I tried to read her and found it quite easy to do so. She seemed to be a very sweet person, and very loyal to her friends and loved ones. She also had a certain skill in combat, but not as much as Artemis.

She blushed, frowning slightly, "Oh, hello Megan! I'm forgetting my manners. I'm Megan, it's nice to meet you."

I shook Megan's hand, laughing when I looked at my socks again, "It's great to sea you."

Wally and I both started to laugh hysterically at my pun when Bruce pulled me over to meet some of his friends.

I could tell this was the Justice League, and that Young Justice was here, too, and it didn't take too long for me to figure out who was who. We met Barry Allen, Oliver Queen, Clark Kent, a guy named Jon, and lots of others before my ADHD kicked in and my thoughts wandered.

I soon turned around, bumping into a woman.

"Hey, Diana," I gave her a lopsided smile, which she returned kindly.

"It is good to see you, Percy."

We had a short chat, before getting interrupted by Bruce's speech. He told everyone that he was so happy they came, that their donations were appreciated, and that he wanted to show the newest addition to his family. 

Me.

I walked up to the podium, looking down at the cards Bruce made for me, "Good evening everyone, I'm Percy. It is very nice to meet all of you."

I grimaced, this speech was too formal for me. So, instead, I pulled an Iron Man.

Much to the audience's surprise, I tossed the cards over my shoulder, "Hi, everybody, those cards didn't go with my style, and I'm dyslexic, so I'm just going to wing it."

This earned a chuckle from the crowd, "Now, I moved here a couple of days ago after becoming an orphan."

I internally scowled at the collective "aw" from the crowd, "I guess I just wanted to thank the Wayne's for taking me in, I'm in their debt. I also want to thank them for taking in my little baby sister, Estelle."

I went on with my speech, keeping it somewhat short before I started to take questions.

I pointed to a man in the middle of the crowd, "Martin Shaw, Daily Gotham News, how did your parents die?"

"They were killed, we don't know who did it, next question," I responded curtly, disliking this already.

I answered a couple more questions, everyone smiling as I answered and made jokes, before taking one last one.

"Lilly Johnson, Gotham Gazette, we heard you were abused and hurt by the Shervile's, why did you stay and what injuries did they inflict on you?"

"That's two questions," I knit my brow, "but I only stayed to protect my littles, they were the three children also staying with the Shervile's. I was shot twice and stabbed. But good news," I joked, "I'm alive!"

A man shouts out from the crowd, "Looks like we have a laid-back troublemaker with some good humor!"

"Yes, a good Joker, isn't he? Do you have time for one more question? I'm dying to know if you like kidnappings?" an insane cackle escaped someone's mouth.

It was the Joker himself dangling from a rope on the ceiling.

"Well," I jested, "looks like an unexpected guest decided to drop on by."

The Joker barked in laughter, wiping a tear from his eye, "I think this is going to be so much fun!"

The doors soon blasted open, Bane growling at anyone in his way, "Let's cut the speeches, Joker, and get to the kidnapping of the kid."

I knew this was going to happen, that's why Bruce had The Justice League and Young Justice secretly here, to protect me. I didn't really need protecting, with me being Seahawk and everything, but they didn't know that.

Diana soon came to my side, whispering in Ancient Greek, "You need to keep your cover, Perseus, this is no time to reveal who you are yet."

I nodded, soon losing her in the crowd of frightened people, before running into another person. We both tumbled to the ground, scrambling to get back up again, only to stare at each other, frozen.

"Percy!"

"Rachel!"

Rachel was a sight standing there in her deep maroon dress, clutching a blue hairbrush and standing in a fighting position. 

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Perseus Jackson, this is no time to be laughing! And where, might I add, have you BEEN! We've been worried back at camp, we heard you were taking a break but you cut off without a word!"

"I... I'm sorry Rachel," I further explained, looking down at my hands.

Her eyes widened as she pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry, Percy, we didn't know that happened. Are you okay?"

I nodded, not trusting myself to lie about being fine, "I also maybe sorta became the vigilante Seahawk?"

"Oh, my gods, Percy, that's..." her eyes softened, "I'm proud of you. It's very noble."

"Thanks for understanding what I did, Rachel, you're a good friend. I really thought you wouldn't like my decision."

_______

Hello fellow demigods, and dear mortals!

"Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life," hehe. But really, apologies for updating a little late!

Who would've guessed I would bring in Rachel, I know I didn't. Well, not sure what to say now... byeeeee.

          -EthanVenlivrenVari, Cabin #3, Child of Poseidon🌊🔱