Day of Misery...I Mean...Shopping

We went shopping that afternoon... yay. Actually, it was kind of fun.

"Hey, Tim," I asked, pulling at my shirt, nervously, "do I really have to make a speech in front of everyone?"

He looked over at me in sympathy, "Don't worry, I was nervous when I had to make my first one too. It all turned out ok though, so you'll be fine."

I thought about the speech, turning over what I would do in my mind, as we drove to the mall. I knew Bruce had speech cards for me to use, but I wasn't sure if I would pull through or not.

We finally got to the mall. I was supposed to get things for the gala, some everyday clothes, and some stuff for my room. I had a feeling I would be buying a lot of blue things today.

"Hey Percy," Jason nudged me, "why don't you get something other than blue for a change. You're gonna look like a walking blueberry."

I laughed, "Can't stop me."

"Actually," Tim spoke up, "Bruce told us to make sure you get things other than just blue."

I huffed, "Fine, I'll get some grey."

I, in fact, did not get any other color than blue and grey, but the boys snuck some things in at checkout. I now had some purple, orange, and green shirts. They thought I would hate the orange and purple, but jokes on them, my CHB and Camp Jupiter shirts were orange and purple, and I know I could rock those colors.

Percy: 1

The Wayne Boys: 0

It was time to get some things for my room. I chose a light that projected whatever you wanted onto the ceiling, you just had to program it. Tim told me he would help me with the programming when I told him I was terrible with tech stuff. We were going to program it to look like water reflecting on my ceiling.

I also got some ocean-themed decals for my walls, blue sheets, a golden horse figure, and a couple of buckets of paint. I was going to paint my wall, but I didn't tell the boys, I just let them ponder why I had so many gallons of it. (hehe)

Now it was time for, take a deep breath now, the dreaded OUTFIT FITTERS (insert echo).

"Don't worry, Percy," Dick snickered, "you'll be fine."

"Tt, there is no reason of being scared of the outfit fitters, Jackson," Damian grumbled.

"Well, Wayne," I countered back, "I hate suits. The last time I was at an outfit fitter, I almost died. For real, this random dude tried to kill me." I didn't feel the need to mention it was a cyclops, at least not until they figured out my heritage.

They all stared at me like I had grown two heads.

"Chill guys, I didn't die." I laughed at myself and stepped inside the fitters, away from their questions.

(skip of a few minutes)

"So, how does this one feel?" Layne, the man fitting my outfit, asked.

"It's fine, but it's a little loose across my shoulder blades, it might need to be adjusted a little bit."

The suit I was wearing was a rich navy blue, I bet you thought I was going to wear a black one, didn't you? Nope! Blue all the way, baby.

After we finished, the boys were starving, so we went to their favorite fast food place.

"Hey, Jace, I'm going to order for everyone," I said, "What do you guys want?"

"I want a medium vanilla shake, a double burger, and a medium fry." Jason called out, "Timmy wants the same but with a large fry, Demon wants a small fry, medium soda, and the veggie burger, and Dick wants the same as Demon but with a large fry and large soda."