Playdate with A Villain? Sure, Sounds Fun!

I decided to take a walk to clear my head, I took a nap during the afternoon after my fight with Dami, but the nightmare was so bad. I just needed to escape.

I would've gone out as Sea Hawk, but Alfred was fixing my suit after an unfortunate explosion. (Yeah, he knows. I mean it's Alfred he knows everything)

I was helping out (read: stumbled upon by complete accident) Batman and Young Justice, but got caught in between them and the villain. I saved them, but at the expense of my amazing suit. So, I had to deal with walking as a civilian for a while.

"Help!"

I raced into the alleyway, trying to find the source of the cry when I rounded a corner... right into a crowbar.

I was knocked to the ground, hearing a woman's voice yelling, as my vision dimmed, "I said wait for a superhero to try out the plan! Not a civilian! Now we've got to deal with this mess, idiot."

_______

I started coming to, a headache blooming in my head, sitting up to take stock of my situation.

I was in an unknown abandoned warehouse, in handcuffs, with no way to get help. What a great scenario!

A door opened to my left, and a woman came in. Her outfit was black, red, and white, in the pattern of some sort of jester. She was peering in to see if I was awake.

I stared at her, deadpan, "I like your outfit."

She giggled and did a twirl, showing me the rest of it, "Thanks! I'm real sorry for what happened. I was supposed to pretend to be a victim and wait for a hero to show up, just so we could ambush em', but it backfired. It turned out you were just a brave civilian, not a hero," She smiled, "and my name's Harley by the way."

"Percy Jackson." I awkwardly stuck out my chained hands, completely unafraid.

She shook them in greeting, not bothered at all, "I like you, usually people would be shaking in fear at the sight of me, not shaking my hand. It's actually kinda nice."

Then she did something unbelievable, "Wanna go get a pizza."

Then I did something unbelievable, "Sure, why not, I was on a walk to take my mind off of stuff anyways."

_____

My legs dangled off the edge of the building, "You really know good pizza when you taste it, Harley, this is delicious! Absolute poetry!"

She smiled as I lifted my pizza up to the sky, my hand on my chest dramatically.

I sat back down next to her and we both stared out across Gotham, "Y'know, Percy, Gotham is real nice once you look past its hard exterior."

I snorted, "Sounds like me."

She cocked her head, "What do you mean?"

"Well," I started, "I've had a lot of stuff happen to me that made me close up. Most of my friends were killed, I've got PTSD because of some stupid people, my Step-dad Paul was murdered, and my mom was killed too. Then I was adopted by people who beat me and the littles." 

"But then I got adopted by some really great people, I have a new dad and 4 brothers now. I really wish I had a mom though, no offense to my new fam. I just miss having a female figure. But all of this stuff is just a lot... it's hard for me to handle, it feels like I'm suffocating."

I didn't know why I was telling her this. It was a villain for gods' sake, like The Harley Quinn.

Harley stared at me, "You've had it rough, haven't ya', Percy."

"You bet," I grumbled.

"Hey!" her eyes lit up, "I could be your new Momma! Momma Harley, yeah, I like the sound of that."

I laughed, "Sure, why not. Momma Harley... I like it."

We sat there, staring out across the city for few more moments before we were rudely interrupted.

"Let the kid go, Harley," Nightwing growled.

Harley stood up, clearly annoyed, "One, it was an accident that I have him, and two, we were having a real good time!"

Three more figures stepped out from the dark: Red Hood, Red Robin, and Robin.

I stood up, next to Harley, "She didn't mean for me to get hit with a crowbar, she got me a pizza to make up for it," I held up my slice, "see?"

"Tt, what if it was poisoned, idiot."

I grinned, "Well, I guess that's your problem."

The heroes frowned, before I raised my hands up in surrender, "Geez, learn to take a joke. It wasn't poisoned, I would know if it was, I was poisoned before."

The heroes looked at me in horror, and Harley put a hand on my shoulder, "If anyone ever hurts you again, come tell me and I'll take care of them for you!"

I hugged Harley, much to the heroes' further surprise, "Ok, I will, but I have to go with the vigilantes now."

Red Robin cleared his throat, Robin tapped his foot, Red Hood crossed his arms, and Nightwing put an arm on me, "I'm going to use a grapple gun, so don't worry that we're going to be swinging."

I nodded, giving a mock salute to Harley, and whispered so only she could hear, "See ya' later Momma H."

She giggled and returned my salute, jumping off of the same building while I was given a lecture on hanging out with villains. It was actually kinda funny to watch the boys lecture me while trying to keep their identities, not knowing I already knew.

But then I internally groaned, secret identities made me think about Batman, and thinking about Batman made me think about Bruce.

He was going to be so mad.