Kabanata 35

Kabanata 35

Lost

Never in my life I have thought that I'd find my happiness with Alas. Sinong mag-aakala na ang lalaking sinigawan ko nang unang beses ko siyang makita sa tulay nang araw na lokohin ako ni Kris ay siyang makakatuluyan ko sa huli?

It has been a whirlwind romance for us. We started as two persons inside a crazy deal. Basta ko na lang siya hinila at ipinakilala kay Kris bilang bago kong nobyo kahit ang totoo ay estranghero pa kami noon sa isa't-isa. He used me to win his ex girlfriend back but it's useless. Instead, he ended up falling in love with me.

Minsan, kahit gaano natin pigilan ang sarili natin mahulog sa isang tao, kapag puso mo na mismo ang nagdikta sa'yo, wala kang magagawa kung hindi ang sumunod na lang. Nagiging sunud-sunuran tayo at tila ba nawawalan ng kakayahan bumuo ng sariling desisyon.

Just like how I always told myself before that I'd never fall for Alas.

She's been here every step since the day that we met
(I'm scared to death to think of what would happen if she ever left)
So don't you ever worry about me
Ever treating her bad, no

That music played all over the venue as I watch Alas hug my father. My heart clenched in happiness when I saw Daddy tap his back as if he's reminding Alas to never hurt me.

I've always admired him of how good he is as a husband to Mommy. Ang sabi sa akin ni Mommy noon, sa tuwing nag-aaway sila ni Daddy, hindi kailanman sila natulog ng magkaaway. Palaging gumagawa si Daddy ng paraan para magkaayos sila. Until now, I can still see the immense love Daddy has for her everytime he looks at her.

I hope Alas and I will be like them, too.

We've got most of our vows done so far
(So bring on for better or worse)
And 'til death do us part
There's no doubt in my mind
It's time
I'm ready to start
I swear to you with all of my heart

I'm gonna marry your daughter
And make her my wife
I want her to be the only girl
That I love for the rest of my life
And give her the best of me 'til the day that I die, oh

I'm gonna marry your princess
And make her my queen
She'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen
I can't wait to smile
As she walks down the aisle
On the arm of her father
On the day that I marry your daughter

Awtomatiko akong napatingin sa aking gilid nang maramdaman ko ang paghawak sa aking kamay. A smile crept on my lips when I saw Sandra Trajano, or should I say, Mama Sandra like how she wantes me to call her.

A month after Alas proposed to me, he brought me to their family house where his family were already waiting for us. Nakaramdam ako ng kaunting kaba, hindi kagaya nang una kaming magkakilala. Siguro ay dahil alam kong seryoso na ang magiging dahilan namin ni Alas kung bakit kami naroon.

"Hi, Ania." she greeted me. She's stunning on her pink halted dress.

"Hi, Mama Sandra."

Yumakap ako sa kaniya. Ginantihan niya iyon ng masuyong haplos sa aking likuran. When we both pulled out from each other, tears were already pooling at the edge of her angelic eyes.

"What's wrong, po?" I asked.

She shook her head and chuckled. "Wala naman. I'm just happy that Rainbow has finally found his soulmate. Masaya akong nahanap niya ang tunay na kasayahan sa'yo, Ania."

My heart melted at her words. I've never ever doubted that she's one of those mothers who likes to intervene with her children's personal life. Palagi niyang sinasabi na may tiwala sila ni Tito Russell sa mga anak nila. That they don't need to tell them what to do. Naroon lang sila para suportahan sila sa kung ano man ang magiging desisyon ng mga ito sa buhay. As long as those decisions won't affect their lives in the near future, they will stay out of it.