Part Two: Two Sides of the Story

"I cannot believe you let her go like that!" Yuffie huffed as the team walked down the main road to the next town over

"Oh, so now it's my fault? No, she's the one who called it off instead of trying to make things work with me!" Cloud argued.

"You barely made things work with her you jackass! She always complained about how little attention you gave her! I should kick your ass for what you put her through!" Yuffie talked back.

"Easy now guys. There's no need to fight. When Vincent gets back, we'll make a vote. And for the record, I'm on Cloud's side on this. She always seemed so clingy." Aerith stepped in.

"Hey hey hey! She was not clingy! Like every girl, she needed love and attention, and Cloud refused to give it to her! Plus, who was it that took care of you Cloud? Who healed you, and made you feel better? It was Lillian!" Yuffie defended her best friend.

"I know where she is." Vincent came up behind them, scaring the living hell out of them.

"You know where she is?" Cloud sighed.

"Not that you care, but yes. She's being held at the Shinra mansion. Sephiroth is not alone. He has dozens of soldiers guarding the outer perimeter, plus Angeal and Genesis." Vincent explained.

"How are we gonna get in if there's soldiers? Fight our way in?" Tifa rolled her eyes.

"We just might have to. There's no other way in. It's a little far from here, but if we rest upon sundown and march upon sunrise, we should make it in a couple days."

"Is she okay? You know, break up wise?" Yuffie shed a tear.

"Yes Yuffie, she's fine. She told me what happened, and frankly, I'm not surprised." He shrugged.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean, you emo vampire?" Cloud stopped walking, coming face to face with Vincent.

"Depends you bipolar main character." Vincent stood calmly.

"That's enough! The both of you! Now, let's all take a vote: who's all on Lillian's side?" Aerith watched as three hands went up, all belonging to Yuffie, Vincent, and Rude. Aerith sighed.

"Okay, and who's all on Cloud's side?" Aerith raised her hand, along with Zack, Reno, and Tifa.

"You fucking traitors! You all are a bunch of back stabbing bitches!" Yuffie scoffed.

"Lillian and Cloud weren't meant to be together, and even I knew it. The love just wasn't there. Not a spark flew when they met. Yes, Cloud asked her out, however it was Lillian was agreed because of how desperate she was. So if you ask me, both are at fault." Vincent said lowly.

"Can we not talk about her? For all we know, Sephiroth could trick her into falling in love with him just to piss me off." Cloud groaned to himself.

"Grow up Cloud. You act as if you're still smitten with her. Besides, why the hell are you so concerned? You're the one who cheated without thinking about her first."

"I'm not! I'm just saying to not bring up her name! Why do you care so much about her Vincent? Do you love her too?" Cloud growled.

"Even if I was, I could've easily shown her the love even you couldn't give." Vincent crossed his arms.

"Don't make me kick your ass vampire boy!" Cloud threatened.

"Try me cheater." Zack snorted, breaking out into laughter.

"I'm sorry, but you guys are hysterical!" He held his knees, taking a breath.

"Zack, it isn't funny. You two need to learn to get along. We're one step closer to getting to Lillian, and you know how she feels about conflict." Aerith sighed.

"It's still all Tifa's fault she sacrificed her best friend to save her bar." Yuffie blamed

"I need to make money somehow Yuffie! Besides, I'm sure Lillian is doing just fine without us!" Tifa glanced at hit sky, hands on her hips.