⁰⁷ ❘❘ ᶜʰᵉᵉʳˡᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ༉·₊˚✧

ੈ°˖✧ ᶜʰᵉᵉʳˡᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ▸ ᴏᴍɪ

⋆ ˚✧༺♥︎༻✧˚ ⋆

"See you later!" Rezu flashes you a charming grin that made the few onlookers, which are mostly boys, swoon for her without her knowing.

You only respond to it with a tinier one and a simple nod before watching her went on her way out of the class, a yellow bento box tucked securely on her arm. Lovestruck eyes followed her slim figure until she finally disappeared.

"I see, you already made friends with her?" You glance up at Kai on the right row across your seat, who's shoveling through his messenger bag.

"Mmm, I guess I just did, Nobuyuki." You hummed, shoving your notes inside your bag and pull out a plain black bento out of it. You place it on your desk and smile at him. "She's cool."

The next day, you were surprised that the same sloven girl that was asking for the hand of Yamamoto's sister and acted so boorish from yesterday, decided to make amends with you this morning when you arrived early in class.

She explained and apologized for her behavior before. Turns out, she's just quiet overprotective towards the girls in volleyball team, and she keeps them away from the prying eyes of all those meddlesome kind of girls who does nothing, but gossip and spread good-for-nothing rumors that creates so much drama.

Rezu is quiet a fun girl, and you found out that you both greatly admire something in common, which hypes you up and helped you to easily vibe together faster than you expected.

"Well, that's good for you then." Kai says with a smile as he stuff his wallet on his back pocket. "I'm getting lunch with the others. Do you want to join us?"

"I guess, some other time. Thank you for inviting me though." You politely decline his generous offer. The boy just affirm you with a brief nod, reminding you that you're welcome to join them if you ever change your mind, before he head out to grab his lunch together with probably― you were assuming― the other third years from the team.

Not so long after he round up the corner and vanish from your line of sight, you rise from your dark blue plastic chair and collect up your prepared bento and water bottle, then made your exit from the classroom.

You descend down the stairs all the way to the ground floor. Head slightly dipped down, you tread through the halls, which is thankfully, almost emptied out of the students for they were mainly in the cafeteria, inside their rooms, or somewhere cliché like rooftop to have lunch.

A fresh breeze of cold air kisses your face as you step out of the school through the back entrance. The shortcut towards the gym, and also towards the gardening area.

The double doors of the gym is sealed shut and it is safe for you to say that it's locked. Deeply inhaling and puffing it out, you took the path towards the latter, leading you into the school's garden.

A few easy-to-grow vegetables were planted on the mildly dried soil beds, to where a couple of small weeds are starting to sprout. You slow down in your tracks when you see a black butterfly hovering around the unriped, green tomato.

Something from the way it flutter it's blotchy-patterned dark wings seems to allure you so much. Holding you still on your feet just to admire it.

But then, a faint, soft thumpings seizes your attention away from the insect as you try to search where the sound was coming from. It didn't take you long to locate the tree by the end of the garden's wooden fence.

As you totter closer, the louder the sound gets, coming behind the sturdy trunk. Suddenly, you hear someone hisses as something pokes your shoes. Eyes dropping down, you found that it's just a blue and yellow mikasa volleyball that rolled over your feet.