¹⁰ ❘❘ ᵐᵉᵐᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ༉·₊˚✧

ੈ°˖✧ ᵐᵉᵐᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ▸ ᴍᴀʀᴏᴏɴ 5

⋆ ˚✧༺♥︎༻✧˚ ⋆

Two weeks had came to pass by. During those 14 days, your everyday routine didn't change any bit. It still stick to waking up, going to school, managing the team, go to your part-time job, go home to rest and sleep.

If there's any change that happened, you could say that it's your relationship with the people surrounding you.

You've gotten a little quiet close to the volleyball players to the point that you're comfortable enough to talk more than usual, and sometimes, even joke around with them.

Well, your friendship with Rezu is a whole different level though. Both of you always stick together, whether it may be having lunch in classroom or going home after school, before parting ways since you still have a job to go to.

She was very open to you as well, sharing even the weirdest and randomest thoughts she have in mind with little to no filter, and gushing freely about the girls you like.

As of your relationship in your work, your boss- who you recently discovered that is actually the older brother of your lesbian friend- is still the same adult you met in your first meeting with an overwhelming optimism.

Meanwhile with Akaashi, you think you could consider him as one of your reliable friends. He was fine now with you addressing him by his first name that started when you accidentally slip it out, one time when you were reading his tag with his full name on it. Well, you just couldn't help it. His name's just really beautiful.

"Umm... Keiji," you peer your head over the doorway to look at the pretty setter sitting by the register. "Can you get the box for me? The stool's leg is broken and I can't reach it."

"Sure," Akaashi answers as he rose from his seat and head inside the staff room. You point the box placed on the top shelf, which he easily retrieve, all thanks to his tall height. "Rendón-san's still not replacing the stool he broke?"

You accept it with a small thanks. Nodding to his question, you two walk out of the room. Akaashi went back to his previous spot behind the register, and you head on the aisle where junk foods are displayed.

"Mhm. He just keep forgetting about it whenever I remind him to buy a new one. He's getting quiet forgetful these days."

The short conversation between you two ended with a soft hum of acknowledgment from him. You tear off the packaging tape of the box and put it on the ground as you crouch down.

Opening the lid, one by one, you empty out the box and restock the vacant space in the lower shelf with medium-sized bag of tortilla chips. "How's your team doing?" You offhandedly asks.

Akaashi take a short glance at you, but quickly return it back to the page of the novel he's reading. "The team is doing well... though, Bokuto-san's rejection mode is happening more frequently than usual."

"Rejection―" momentarily pausing, you peer over your shoulder to look at the curly haired setter. "Rejection mode? What is that?"

"Apparently, there are times that something triggers it, which demotivates Bokuto-san and affects his performance for the entire game, unless we regain his motivation back by cheering him up." He sighs and flip another page. "It's quiet exasperating to say the least."

"That's a thing?" An amused chuckle escapes you whilst you place the last bag on the shelf. "Well, that's odd... but in an interesting way. Fukurodani's ace is something, huh?"

"Indeed, he is."

A long silence stretches and you finally finished restocking the pack of chips. You carry back the now empty box back in the storage room and stack it together with the rest of the emptied out ones.