one.

anna coughed into her arm, taking a long drink to finish off her bottle of water and tossing it into the trash. a nice case of covid was what the girl was gifted early, as christmas was coming up fast, and not being able to give her parents a hug was going to be difficult if she didn't get over the sickness fast.

the girl had no idea how she caught the virus, seeing as both her and her roommate didn't even leave their two bedroom dorm, leaving them to assume it was probably from the food that the school had provided.

the food was shit at that place, so it didn't really surprise the girl when they were notified of the outbreak going on at the school. who knew harvard students would be so careless? weren't they the smart ones?

the girl stood up from her desk, carelessly muting her microphone to the game she was about to play as she walked to her kitchen. she thankfully was blessed with a good source of income, and with the help of her roommate, they could afford a very nice dorm. it wasn't like that at first, but about a month after the beginning of term, she started up a twitch. it went off from there and now her and her friend were finally on their feet.

opening up the fridge, the girl sat and drank from another bottle of water, completely forgetting about the game, and the people who were having a conversation through the headphones..

"wilbur, who's pink?" the boy asked, seeing the motionless character in the middle of their lobby, "should we kick them? did someone leak the code?"

the older boy laughed, "no we didn't leak it, it's uh- anna. you know her right? annacanpvp?"

sapnap sucked in a breath at the gamertag that his friend spoke, flashbacks running through his brain.

"what? your mom seriously said no? fu-" the twelve year old laughed as her friend gave her a face, "fine, i'll stop cussing! but seriously, that's dumb!"

the boy shrugged, "well we don't have to set it as our real names."

"true!" the girl smiled, spinning her chair to look around the room for an idea, before catching the eye of her favorite stuffed animal sitting on her bed, "perfect! pandas! you can be pandas!"

"that's stupid!" nick shook his head,

"no it's not!" the young girl smiled up at the boy who stood beside her, "you're like a panda! you give great hugs!"

nick's face burned red at his best friends statement, "fine, well whats yours gonna be?"

"anna, of course! there isn't a name better than that!" she laughed, turning towards the computer once more to type in 'pandascanpvp'

"even nick?" he smirked, his blush still faintly on his face,

"well no, i guess not. nicks a pretty cool name." she laughed, before saving the username and logging into her own account.

the boy took a deep breath as the memory raced through his brain, "oh yeah, i've heard of her i think."

as if on que, the voice of anna began to speak, "oh my bad guys, i was getting some water."

"that's alright, anna. ready to start?" wilbur spoke, followed by multiple responses from the rest of the group,

the girl giggled slightly at her own awkwardness, "yeah, yeah, who's all streaming?"

"um, no one yet." a girl anna recognized as valkyrae spoke, "i'm setting mine up now."

"pog, pog." anna spoke, nodding her head as if they could see her, "so what have you guys been doing today?"

"we filmed a manhunt this morning!" dream spoke. anna had only seen a few videos from the boy, boy enough to remember really, but she's heard of him so much that she knew he was crazy talented. and for that, she respected him.

"that's sick, dude! well- honestly i don't really know what that is, but sick!" she laughed as she continued on the conversation, cracking her knuckles as they waiting for the rest of the group to start up their streams,

dream laughed at her response, "i'm a speed runner and some of my friends just try and stop me from beating the game, sapnap does it too!"

sapnap bit his lip in anticipation to talk to the girl as she began to speak again, "sapnap?"

of course she didn't know him.

"hi!" he tried to make himself seem as least awkward as possible, the words coming out with his usual giggle.

the smiled at the boys tone, "hello! i'm anna!"

"oh, i'm sapnap! or- uh- do you like do the real name thing?" he coughed awkwardly,

she laughed, "no, no, it's fine! sapnap is a cool name, don't worry. probably cooler than mine!"

he smiled at her words, feeling as if she never really left.

"hey, you speedrun, right anna?" dream spoke over the others, that was a good thing about proximity chat, though the others were still in the call, they could have separate conversations, even in the lobby,

"yeah, i do! can't beat you yet though." she laughed,

"that's cool! we should play sometime!" he smiled into his words, before wilbur asked if everyone was ready to start once again.

sapnap felt a heat rise to his cheeks once more, if she was playing with dream, she'd probably have to play with him, and did he really want anna finding out that she was playing with him? her nick? maybe she missed him.

probably not.

he hoped she missed him.

el speaking....

first chapter done : D the
date rn is feb 12, 2021! idk
when i'll first publish this but
that's the time for rn 0-0

anyways, hope ur doing well!!
drink some water, wear a mask,
and overall if ur struggling plz reach
out!! i love u so!!