nineteen.

"do you like it?" anna laughed towards the boy who sat across from her on the floor, "it's a new web cam! i doubt you'll use it now that i think about it, but you should!"

he smiled, genuinely grateful, "thanks, anne! now, who's next?" sapnap spoke, pushing his small pile of gifts too the side,

"i'll go!" nick's sister spoke, she was about too turn eleven, and he was excited for the gift that he bought her,

the young girl ripped open the first gift she saw, "a switch!"

nick's face immediately brightened, "yeah! you wanted one right? you can play minecraft on it!"

the girl, who very closely resembled her older brother, almost jumped on top of him in a hug. she idolized her brother, who spent most of his time playing games, so she vowed too be like him someday.

sapnap was always kind to his sister, she didn't have a male figure in her life, and with the large age-gap between the two, the boy wanted too always be there for her just as a father would. he was the only guy in the house, after his dad moved out. being around both the valentine's and his mother resulted in the boy having a somewhat soft soul, unlike a lot of boys his age. but he liked it that way.

anna smiled softly at the two. the valentine sisters were close, but it seemed as if they're family had trouble showing it. maybe that's why she loved being around nick's family- who she considered family as well, of course. they never hesitated too show love. it seemed unfair. she was jealous.

but now was not the time for that, today was christmas eve.

the girls dress hung tightly too her body as her family laughed around her, the room smelled of gingerbread and peppermint. it was as if the air around them was at a different level than it usually was, it was warm- cozy, even.

"are you all ready to eat?" anna's mother yelled from the dining room, too which they all made their way inside.

nick sat down next too anna, attempting to make his chair closer without her noticing.

she noticed.

the corners of her mouth turned up as she made her plate, sitting down next too him and moving her chair closer as well, except she tried to make it obvious.

"what, trying to be close to me?" nick smirked from beside her, whispering so he wouldn't be heard over the rest of their family talking,

she turned towards him, noticing the close proximity as she felt him let out a breath of air, making her face move slightly away, raising her eyebrows, "could ask you the same question,"

their family ignored them as they started their own conversation, leaving the two whispering softly,

"ask me what? if i want too be close to you?" nick scoffed,

anna smiled, "yeah. are you trying to be close to me?"

nick leaned closer to the girl, "course' i am." the sudden boldness almost shocking him, but only being shown on his face with a slight smirk, causing the girl's stomach next too him to erupt in butterflies.

the two left their conversation at that, joining their family as they talked about something different. nick ate his food quickly from beside anna, elbows bumping into each other every few minutes.

june was the only one who noticed.

"so nick, are you going to move in with clay?" june asked from across the table, causing everyone else too go silent,