twenty-one.

nick stood nervously outside of anna's front door, knocking only seconds previously, only too be opened by a very confused june.

"why are you knocking? you never knock." the girl's face scrunched up in confusion as she opened the door wider, allowing him in,

"i don't even know-" he spoke, shaking his hands out, "is anna home?"

june simply pointed at the stairs, walking back into her room.

the boy sighed, kicking his shoes off and walking towards the stairs, up to anna's room, knocking quickly before opening the door, "hey."

"hi!" her bright smiled immediately helped his attitude improve, she let the door swing open as she fell onto her bed, a very large sweatshirt lazily hung onto her shoulders. the corners of nick's mouth raised as he watched the girl, causing her too give him an odd look, "what's up?"

he shook his face, "oh- yeah," falling out of the trance, "you look really good- really happy- happy. you look happy."

anna laughed softly at his nerves, "you look good too, and i am happy."

"i'm happy too." the boy spoke, walking towards anna and falling down next too her, turning his face towards hers,

"about what?" she teased, making him turn away with a blush softly on his cheeks, "so, what are we doing today?"

nick almost shot out of his seat at her words, "that's exactly what i came here too ask you!" he was almost groaning out of annoyance, he was so forgetful, "i wanted to see if maybe we could go ice
skating."

"ice skating?" the girl asked, looking up at the boy,

"yeah, like- a date." he spoke, and finally anna was the one blushing.

.,

"you've never ice skated before?" he laughed as he skated backwards, his hands holding hers as they followed the circle everyone else on the rink went in. the air had turned even colder as the sun went down, only street lights illuminating the small ice rink, helping them and a few others see.

"no nicholas! and i'm surprised you're so good at it! i've known you my entire life and you failed too mention you can ice skate?"

nick shrugged as she tightened the grip she had on his hands, "dad used too bring me on the weekends, before-"

anna sighed, "i get it. speaking of, have you talked too him lately?"

"nope. he tried too reach out in november, but he literally mentioned youtube in the text so i'm pretty sure he's just in it for the money." the boys face turned to a frown, anna's matching,

her hand went towards his cheek, holding his face as the two slowed their speed, "i'm sorry."

nick leaned his head into her hand slightly, "i'm used too it, don't worry, anne. you understand just as i do."

"maybe, but that doesn't mean we should be used too it." she spoke, running her hand through his hair and returning it back to his hand,

he gave her a soft smile, pulling her along with him as christmas music played in the background, "let's drop this conversation, talk about something more important."

"and that is?" she raised one of her eyebrows,

"you and-" nick began to speak before they were interrupted by a loud yell,

"oh my god! are you sapnap?" a girl, probably 15, skated up to them, "and you're- oh my god! anna?"

sapnap laughed uncomfortably, letting go of anna's hands and putting his own into his sweatshirt pockets. "yeah, that's us!"

the girl smiled widely, "can i get a picture? please?"

anna thought of the constant problems that could come out of posing for a picture with sapnap, but nonetheless she still did. she knew in an hour that it'd be trending, there's no way it wouldn't.

"thank you so much! i didn't know you two were friends!" the girl, anna didn't catch her name, spoke,

anna sucked in a breath, looking at nick too answer for her, he had a lot more experience with fans than she did, "yeah we kinda knew each other back in highschool, she's just here for the holidays so we decided to meet up, that's all!"

the girls eyes widened for a minute, before going back to a normal expression. they were thankful this was a respectful fan, "oh, i get it! well thanks for the picture guys!"

the two watched her skate back to her family, before turning towards each other,

"anna- it's gonna be fine." nick spoke after seeing the look on her face, "it's just a picture, nothing wrong with meeting up with a friend."

"you're right." anna let out a breath, ignoring nick's hands as she skated on her own. he pushed his hands back into his pockets, attempting not too feel hurt by the rejection.

the silence around them was loud, yet they respected it, thoughts swimming through both of their brains.

"you know, anne, things aren't as scary as you make them out too be." the boy spoke, anna turning her head towards the left to watch him speak, "you are scared of things you haven't even seen the full potential of."

"and that is?" anna asked, nick finally turning to make eye contact with her,

"us."

.,

trending in the united states

SAPNANNA
content creators, sapnap and annacanpvp, are seen together after announcing they used to be friends in high school. fans are "shipping" the two under the name sapnanna.

el speaking

el speaking...

hi guys

follow me on wattpad! : )
it'll give u updates about when i'm
sending out new chapters, and
when this fic is finished (yes, it
will end lol) u can get
updates about the new fic i've
got in the works!!

anyways dream streams!!