three.

"katie!" the girl knocked on her friends door, "katie!"

the blonde pulled her door open, rubbing her eyes, "what, anna?"

"oh- were you sleeping?" the younger girl asked,

katie nodded, "yeah, but it's okay, what did you need?"

anna smiled, she loved katie, she truly was one of her best friends, "do you remember nick?"

"yeah, nick like- old boyfriend nick?" katie asked,

"he wasn't my boyfriend!" anna spoke, "but yes, that nick."

katie laughed, waking up more, "what about him? did he say something?"

katie opened her door more, motioning for anna to sit down next to her on the bed,

"well turns out he's sapnap and he probably knows who i am but i talked to him before and i didn't even realize and like-"

"wait- wait- slow down. who's sapnap?" katie asked, cutting the girl off,

"he's a streamer like me, like he literally is best friends with my online friends."

katie's eyes went wide, "this is a sign, anna!"

"katie not this again-"

"i'm serious! it's a full moon tonight, anna! this is like- totally some sign from the gods. what's his star sign?"

"i don't know- pisces?" anna laughed, making katie gasp,

"you're compatible! see i told you!"

anna sighed, "i just don't know if i'm ready."

"i get it, sorry if i pushed, but you should talk to him. i know you don't want too, but it could work!" katie awkwardly tried to help her friend,

anna only shrugged, "maybe. i don't even know what i should do at this point."

"well, whatever you do, i support you, but seriously anna, i gotta go back to sleep." the girl spoke, making anna laugh slightly, leaving the room.

the girl sighed as she walked back into her own bedroom, staring down at her homework. it was going to be a long night.

what she didn't know was the boy who sat so clearly in her mind was having a very similar conversation,

"well i wouldn't have told her she could do it if i knew!" dream spoke through his mic,

"how many times did i tell you two about anna?" sapnap asked his friends, stressfully running his hands through his hair,

"okay, that was our bad yes, but she doesn't even know it's you so it doesn't matter!" the english boy spoke, causing dream to facepalm,

"listen, sapnap, i think she might know it's you now! she was pretty taken back when i told her, don't you want that?"

the texans mouth fell open at his friends words, "no, i don't want that!"

"why not? i thought you missed her?" george spoke with a flirty tone, sapnap could practically hear the smirk in his voice,

"i do miss her." he rolled his eyes, "but i don't want her to hate me even more."

"why would she hate you? it wasn't your fault what happened-" dream spoke, getting cut off by the nervous boy,

"yes it was! that's the problem, dream! i never even apologized."

"well how were you supposed to know?" george asked,

sapnap groaned, this wasn't a conversation he wanted to have right now, "i don't know, okay? but either way it upset her and i should've listened!"

"dude, we love you, but if you aren't gonna take our advice we can't help you!" dream half-laughed, awkwardness filling the silence that sat between the group.

sapnap bit his lip, shoving his hands in his sweatshirt pocket, "i think i'm gonna get off, guys. homework."

"you never do your homew-" dream spoke before being cut off by the ending of the call.

sapnap leaned his head back in his chair, feeling even more stress after the conversation with his friends.

beginning on his homework for his, least favorite, college class, that he for some reason could never pass. he failed the last test, and he could not fail this one.

math class was stupid, he didn't get why he had to take it in order to get a computer science degree, but he did it anyway.

high school was much easier for the boy, maybe it was because the class was just ultimately easier, or maybe it was because of a girl.

"dude it's not that hard, just multiple x by 17 and then divide." the girl laughed, leaning over his shoulder to point to the equation,

"anna you're too smart for me." he shook his head with a smirk, writing down the work as she continued to laugh,

"you're just as smart, well- maybe i am a little too smart for you." she laughed, crossing her arms,

the boy spun his chair around, facing her, "a little too smart? okay ms. harvard! i still can't believe you got in! i'm really proud of you, you know?"

she smiled, cheeks turning a hint of pink, "thanks, nick. hey! i'm proud of you too you know, you got into all the schools you applied too!"

he shrugged, a frown forming as he turned his chair back around, "i just wish you weren't going so far away."

"i thought you were happy i got into harvard?" her smile dropped a bit as she pulled a second chair up to sit next to him,

"don't get me wrong, i am. i'm just gonna miss you."

"i'm going to miss you too. but we still got the rest of this year and all of summer to hang out before i leave! and in seconds i'll be back for christmas! don't worry, nick. it's not gonna be that bad, i'm still your best friend!"

he laughed at her enthusiasm, "you're my best friend too."

"always?" she giggled as she held out her pinky,

nick locked his pinky around the girls, "always."

the boy shut his book at the memory. i guess 'always' wasn't as long as he thought.

 i guess 'always' wasn't as long as he thought

el speaking.....

i know i'm the author...
but i ship them 0-0