twenty-six.

anna zipped her suitcase slowly, the final piece of evidence she had to show she was ever even there.

her t-shirt loosely sat on her shoulders, hair tied back in a braid as she stared at the empty room.

"anna, are you ready to leave?" a voice from a separate room sounded in her eardrums as she stood up,

"yup, whenever you are." she replied softly, unsure if they even heard an answer.

her first year of college was over and it felt as if it had just begun. there were so many events that happened in the past year, it felt almost unreal, like a book or movie that had so much angst you didn't even want to finish.

the plane ride felt long, extra long. she thought maybe she should be happy, passing as the highest student in her class, especially after her fathers passing, finishing the first year should be more of an accomplishment.

the truth was anna felt sad, it felt almost like leaving home, she felt safe in her dorm, but the feeling of sadness was over in seconds as she stepped out of the gate,

her body felt instantly heavy, tackled by a hug.

"you're home!" his voice sounded in her ears, immediately making her forget all of the sad thoughts she had about leaving.

she was home. he was her home.

loving someone was never really something anna looked forward too when she was younger, she looked forward too new adventures and friends.

she remembered when she was younger, and all the neighborhood kids would climb the tree on the corner, she was always too short, but one day she wasn't.

one day she got onto the first branch, sitting silently as she watched the kids climb high above her, not noticing her new personal climb record.

anna rocked back and forth, sitting on the short branch as moved quickly and quicker, back and forth, her feet swingy softly under her. until she fell.

she fell onto nick, colliding into him as he the ground, helping break her fall.

as anna hugged the boy now, she remembered that. how she fell for nicholas armstrong, colliding into his world slowly, the first time breaking her fall, the second breaking her entirely.

this time was different though, as she fell for nick her heart grew and her world shown brighter, just like that, two best friends finally collided again.

falling back in love like they never fell out.

the end.

el speaking

el speaking....

thank you so much for being here
til the end. i appreciate you, seriously.

the feeling i get while reading this fic
is a lot like watching myself grow. when
i began writing this i remember how
broken i was, i felt a lot like anna. but
towards the end i feel full, i feel happy
and i feel like my life is finally back
on track. i feel like el.

i love you so much, and i hope you
enjoyed this fic. fall back will miss
you.

i have a new fic in the works as i
write this (july 24, 2021) so if
you're interested in that, FOLLOW ME.
itll keep you updated.

and with one finally much love,

elorie.

x