seventeen.

the thing with anna valentine wasn't that she couldn't keep promises, because she definitely could. anna was never one to break a promise, but telling a boy how she felt, well, that just wasn't something she could promise.

she would tell him, just not today.

later in life anna valentine would realize how stupid waiting was, she should've told him years ago.

"anna! get down here!" her mother yelled, causing anna to sigh as she closed her computer, pausing karl's stream she had pulled up.

she loved karl, but she wasn't really watching it for him right now, she was watching it for sapnap.

she could've easily just walked over there and talked to him, but why would she do that when she could watch him and his friends play minecraft? right. because she was acting like a 13-year-old girl.

she shook her head, somewhat thankful her mother called her downstairs, pulling her out of the trance the stream had her in.

"it's almost midnight, what's up?" the girl made a popping noise with her mouth as she spoke, sitting down on the counter,

"do you think this is too much?" audra asked her daughter, pointing to the hundred cookies lining their table,

anna shrugged, "isn't that how many you usually make?"

"this is five batches more, anna!" her mom sighed, obviously stressed out. the christmas party was tomorrow and she had been working to get it perfect,

"why so stressed, mama?" the girl jumped down from the counter, walking over to give her mom a hug, "we appreciate everything you do, there's no need for it too be perfect."

"this is the first time you and nick are back as friends," audra spoke, putting anna's face into her hands, "i don't want to ruin that for you two."

the 19-year-olds face scrunched up, "why would you ruin that? we're okay now mom, promise."

"i know, but you were upset for so long, and i felt like i was losing you." her mom spoke, before the sound of a door opening was heard, signaling her sister had joined,

"she's right, anna." the younger valentine spoke as she jumped down onto the couch in front of them, "you guys were like- in love or something!"

"june!" anna's mother scolded the girl,

"what?" june laughed, "anna knows it's true! look, she's blushing!"

anna only rolled her eyes as the blush overtook her face, "nick and i aren't like that."

"maybe not now, but you used to be." june shrugged, "those cookies look great by the way, mom! you're perfect at everything, don't stress." june stood up from the couch and pulled the woman into a hug.

the sentimental time ended shortly after that, anna returning back to her room and back to her laptop.

she stared at the background, picking at the skin around her fingernails,

"anna! stop doing that!" nick laughed as he pushed her hands away from each other,

she sighed, putting her head down on the lunch table in front of them, causing nick too frown next to her.

he'd started blowing up even more recently, he wanted too tell anna all about it, but with how her life was going recently, he didn't want to make her feel as if he was trying to brag. anna would never think that of course, but he didn't even want to risk it.

for now it would just stay with anna knowing he had a youtube channel. that was it.

he hesitantly put his arm around her shoulder, aware of the eyes that watched them. normally he would not care about the affection, but at school it was different. at school, anna would get made fun of.

"you can talk about it, anne." he whispered too her, "you don't have to hold everything in all the time."

"i don't hold everything in." she spoke, her head still down on the table,

he sighed, "yes you do."

he head turned, making eye contact with him, "we can talk about it later."

anna hated nick being right, but for some reason he almost always was. she remembered back even in highschool he was. she always held in her thoughts, never letting a word slip.

she ran her fingers through her hair before grabbing her phone from beside her and clicking call.

el speaking....

hi everyone

slight tw for this paragraph only
updates have been kinda slow,
i've had a lot going on. but i'm
very proud today is my 2 week
mark of being clean off sh : )

i'm so happy and i'm getting so
much better, i have a lot of chapters
written so hopefully updates will be
more frequent!!

for now, i hope u all are doing well,
don't hesitate to reach out if ur
feeling anything other than happy : )
there's no shame in asking for help

pls vote! love u oh so much

- elorie