eleven.

"now that interstate is paved with memories, of a past life i lived when i was eighteen-" the lyrics sung in the background as anna and sapnap both silently played in their new minecraft world,

ending the stream meant they didn't have to be as extravagant. one thing the two learned about each other growing up was they enjoyed silence, with the occasional singing along to lyrics, of course.

"and every winter i think back to what we used to be, in that past life we lived at eighteen." sapnap whispered as he built his house, anna listening as he continued on with the song.

she sighed as she pushed her chair farther away from the desk, hugging her legs as she listened to the boy.

"i like this song." she spoke as he began to quiet down,

"me too. it's dreams. i relate too it a lot." he softly talked as the sun went down outside, turning his head to stare out the window,

"what do you mean?" she questioned as she tilted her head,

"i don't know, i was in love at eighteen." he spoke, and her breathing stopped, listening to his words, "it kinda relates to me you know, every winter i think back to what we used to be? it's winter now."

"i get it." anna finally replied,

"you do?"

"yeah. i was in love when i was eighteen."

he bit his lip, not needing to ask who she was in love with. he knew.

the call went silent for a minute, not awkward silence- just, silence.

"i didn't mean what i did, you know that right?" he asked her,

"i know. still hurt though."

"i'm sorry." sapnap sighed,

the girl hugged her knees tighter towards her, "i forgive you."

he smiled, and she could hear it as he spoke, "friends?"

"friends."

"best friends!"  the young girl giggled as she ran around in the grass, spongebob swimsuit on as she replied to her mother,

"best friends? wow! that's big, anna!"

"yup!" the girl stopped running as she stood in front of the older woman, "and he calls me anne!"

"anne? why?"

"like how aunt pam calls you audey, it's a nickname!" the girl laughed, confused as to why her own mother didn't know what a nickname was..

,.

"oh shut up-" anna lightly hit her lab partners arm as they stared at the boy presenting in front, "he's my best friend, that's it!"

she watched as nick winked at her, the whole class laughing as he and his partner continued on with their very dramatic presentation.

little did he know, he'd only end up with a C-.

"yeah- a best friend who winks at you, sure." simone, her partner, joked.

"what is that supposed to mean?" she laughed,

"all i'm saying is, there's something between you two-"

anna cut the girl off, "yeah, friendship."

simone only laughed, clapping with the rest of the class as nick's presentation was over, "yeah, yeah."

the two boys sat down in their seats in front of simone and anna, nick instantly spinning around, "what'd ya think, anne?"