Christmas Dinner

AYANOKOJI POV

Today is the last day of 2nd semester. It's been one year since that rooftop incident where I saved Kei from Ryuen and since then, Kei and I became even closer.

Christmas was also approaching, one of the favorite holidays for couples because it can be considered the greatest bliss for lovers if you spend it together. Since Kei and I were already dating, us spending this Christmas would definitely be different than last year. But we were hiding our relationship, so we can't date openly just like the normal couples here in this school.

How are we gonna spend our Christmas where Kei will have fun?

As I was thinking that, a guy passed by my seat and approached a certain girl, who was already preparing to leave, in the front row.

"Uhm... Suzune.... do you have a minute?"

"What is it, Sudo-kun."

Horikita answered while putting her belongings inside her bag.

"...Uhm.... on the 25th..... do you want to watch a movie..... and then eat outside.... with me?"

The nervous Sudo asked Horikita.

He was rejected by her last year, but still this year, he asked her again, not giving up.

"Why does it have to be me? Can you ask someone else? It's just watching movies and eating outside anyway."

Of course she doesn't know why.

"T-they have plans already.... and I really want to watch that recent movie that people were talking about.... and I also don't like watching it alone."

Sudo did not tell her straight of why he wanted to go out with her on Christmas day.

"Why don't you ask your friend Ayanokoji? He's definitely free on that day."

Kei, who was still in the classroom, immediately turned her head towards Horikita while her mouth was hung open in disbelief as she heard her recommending my name to go with Sudo instead.

Kei then looked at me, looking worried that someone might steal that special day for us.

"A-Ayanokoji also have plans... he already told me."

While it's not true that I told Sudo that I already have plans for Christmas, Kei somehow believed him and was looking satisfied with what she heard.

"Well... I'm sorry but I also have plans on the 25th."

Of course, she's gonna reject him again.

It's funny how Horikita could lie like that with a proud face when if not everyone, most people could definitely tell that she's not saying the truth and she will spend Christmas alone and that includes Sudo.

When Horikita was done putting her belongings inside her bag, she glanced at Sudo who was looking down and was wearing a sad face.

"Do you really want to watch that movie?"

Sudo nodded.

Horikita then stared at him, looking like she was reconsidering. After a moment, she said something unexpected.

"I'm not available on the 25th but I'm free on 23rd. Will tomorrow be okay with you?"

"Hmm.... Wait.... Huh?"

Sudo then immediately raised his head slightly, just about to face the sitting Horikita and looked at her, looking surprised by what he heard.

"I said, will tomorrow be okay with you?"