She's difficult

Utomiya POV

I became part of the student council 2 days ago. Pres. Nagumo accepted me because there's no first year in the council yet. But that's not the only reason. He thought that I'm here for a particular person, which was not wrong, but he believed that I'm here for her to gain information about a certain someone just to expel him.

I'm here to know more of Horikita and her background, not to know more of Ayanokoji because I already know a lot about him. Though it's only about his life and his abilities, the way he thinks and his personality were an exception.

Pres. Nagumo made an excuse for me or should I say a lie saying that I and Horikita should work together, claiming that both of us were the same, wanted to be the student council president and both were not from class A. He thought that I might learn a lot from her. Though he made this arrangement only for his own convenience. Since he believed that the 20 million bounty exam of expelling Ayanokoji was still going on. He wanted me to show him a good battle with Ayanokoji by trying to expel him. And guess what, all of those just for him to know the full abilities of Ayanokoji.

Seriously, why can't he just challenge him himself though? That way he would know and experience his abilities himself.

But it's okay, because of that excuse, I got to interact with Horikita without her suspecting me.

Right now, I'm at the student council office doing some paperwork. The girl sitting across me was so busy doing her work also.

Me and Horikita were the only one in the office.

I had to thank pres. Nagumo for this, but somehow I couldn't have a conversation with her.

I couldn't find any topic. No, it's not about the topic. It's just, she's so focused on her work that you couldn't find an opening. Her eyes were only to the papers then to the laptop and back and forth.

Not just that. It's also because of the expression of her face. It definitely says 'don't talk to me and just do your work seriously'.

"Is there something you want to ask?"

Horikita suddenly asked me.

"Huh?"

Horikita looked at me for the first time.

"You've been staring at me this whole time. Is there something you want to ask?"

I thought she wasn't paying attention to me but it seems like she knew that I've been staring at her this whole time.

Wait. I've been staring at her this whole time?

"Uhm.... Nothing."

"Then can you please do your work already?"

She said that while glaring at me. I can't ask her something trivial with that attitude.

I'm not really in a rush but this opportunity should not be wasted.

"Uhm... the truth senpai is, there's something that I would like to ask."

"What is it?"

"It's about the previous student council president."

Horikita's hands stopped typing. Her face turned to serious expression and looked at me.

"He's your brother right?"

"....Yes. And?"

"Nothing. It's just that, I heard that from pres. Nagumo."

".....That's it? What's with that question? I thought that there's something that you don't understand with your work and you wanted my help."