You Don't Trust Her Back

AYANOKOJI POV

After I confirmed that Amasawa was no longer following Kei, I decided to go back to the dorm. But before I got out of the mall, I ran into another interesting fellow, who I believed was about to go out also.

He was looking normal once again.

Unlike me who came here in the Keyaki mall just to tail someone, it seems like he only came here to shop just like any normal student would do. No, it's actually not that normal, cause he was carrying something that isn't common for most students during holidays who goes out to eat and have fun in the mall. Instead, his look kinda reminds me of someone. A loner like Horikita.

I intended not to talk with him, but it would be very unnatural.

"Good afternoon. You're looking like you're about to cook something."

"Good afternoon Ayanokoji senpai."

Same as usual, Utomiya was acting like a well mannered student.

"I just took the advice of Horikita senpai not to eat those unhealthy foods again and learn to cook for myself."

"Oh. How obedient of you."

Just hearing his answer, I could already imagine Horikita scolding him during that Christmas dinner of them that made it unromantic.

"Want me to tell Horikita about this? She would be very glad hearing that you really took her advice."

"It's not necessary at all."

Not necessary huh.

"How about you Ayanokoji senpai? You seemed alone and you don't look like you were here to shop."

I wondered what his reaction would be if I told him the whole truth.

"Just met with someone."

"I see..... Then, are you free right now?"

Ohh. It seemed like he wanted to talk a little bit longer.

"Can we talk?"

I somewhat had an idea of what our conversation will be about.

Well, I think it's not that bad to agree. It's time to learn more about him.

"Do you want to talk here?"

"I don't particularly mind if we will talk here, but is it okay with you?"

So, he's leaving the decision to me. No, his question made me feel like he wanted to know something.

"I get the feeling that it should be private though."

"Somewhat."

Somewhat huh.

Since we're already near the exit, Utomiya and I decided to go out of the mall.

We sat on a bench. Students don't usually pass by this area, so this location was quite good.

"So, what is this thing that you wanted to talk about?"

As I decided to start the conversation and asked him, he then looked at me.

"Do you really not know senpai? Though that was only yesterday, I was actually thinking that Horikita senpai already told you."

How bold of him to open up about that topic without any hesitation.

So, he wasn't afraid huh. Or him talking to me right now was him trying to make his name completely clear from my suspicions.

"Did you tell her to tell everything to me immediately?"