Just What Do You Want From Me?

AYANOKOJI POV 

A silent hallway and empty classrooms. 

A certain time in the afternoon when all students were supposed to be in the Keyaki mall or in the dorm, doing their usual thing. 

As of now, all classes that survived the special exam were probably enjoying their time. Celebrating their victory. And our class that successfully passed the exam should have been doing the same. 

Only if it wasn't because of that Bonus special exam. 

As if we're still having a class, all of my classmates and Chabashira, our teacher, are still in the classroom. Even Koenji stayed behind, whether it was out of curiosity or he found what's happening as something interesting. 

A familiar yet a different atmosphere. Pressing gazes that I had once experienced a year ago but with more tension. Everyone in the room was only staring at me with suspicious eyes, except Horikita, who was sitting motionless, Koenji, who was waiting for the action to unfold, and people who already knew me to a certain extent like Chabashira, Kei, Yosuke and Sudo. 

No one dared to speak yet. Probably because they don't know what to say. 

"...... Ahem... uhm, everyone.... I think we should go home." 

Finally breaking the silence, Kei, who understood that I felt uncomfortable, spoke and took most of my classmates' attention. 

".... Right?... I mean, we're the only ones left." 

Carrying her bag, Kei started walking and went to me. 

"Let's go, Kiyotaka." 

I, who wanted to leave also, slowly stood up. But the moment I grabbed my bag.... 

"Wait a minute, Karuizawa." 

Keisei, who was looking a bit angry, spoke and stopped us. 

"You can't leave yet." 

"Huh? What do you mean we can't leave yet?" 

"Exactly what it means." 

"Huh? I don't get it. The exam ended a while ago and the Acting director told us that we're dismissed. Wasn't that meant we're free to go?" 

After lowering his eyebrows, Keisei looked at Kei as if he didn't get her. 

"Can't you really tell from your surroundings that there's something serious that should get addressed immediately?" 

Hearing that, Kei then put her attention to the surroundings. Upon seeing her classmates' faces and realizing that avoiding this situation now wouldn't end the problem, she decided to confront Keisei instead. 

"What? About Kiyotaka's bounty exam?.....  Why do you still consider it serious when that ended like two semesters ago?... Moreover, he survived. What's more to be discussed?" 

"Kiyotaka surviving that bounty exam isn't the main issue here." 

"..Wha- ... Do you mean whether Kiyotaka got expelled or not is not important to you?" 

Feeling dumbfounded by Keisei's statement, Kei gasped and retorted with a question. 

"..... That's not what I mean..... Wait. Did you know about that bounty exam?" 

As if he was blocking the way for Kei pursuing the question, Keisei quickly changed the topic and asked a question of his own. 

"Isn't it obvious? I'm his girlfriend. Why shouldn't I know?" 

"So you're saying that you got the information from Kiyotaka?" 

"Of course." 

".... How about you, Kushida?"