I Will

HORIKITA POV

Ding! Dong!

Ding! Dong!

My ears were faintly hearing the sound of the doorbell ringing.

It felt like it only kept getting louder and louder so I slowly opened my eyes.

As I stared at the ceiling, I found that I was actually sleeping and the noise woke me up.

Ding! Dong!

What time is it?

I turned my head slightly and looked at the wall clock on my right.

So it's noontime huh.

Ding! Dong!

Sigh... Who's that even?

I moved my body, trying to get up and wanting to check the person who keeps on ringing the bell. But the moment I raised my head, even just a little, I felt dizzy. My head aches so much that if I force myself to get up, I might puke.

Slowly, I lay myself on the bed once again.

That little movement alone made me let out a heavy breath.

Wait.. My breath is so hot that it seems like I just ate a very spicy food.

And I remembered, I actually started falling' ill yesterday. I couldn't sleep and eat well since Friday night as I couldn't stop thinking about my brother.

Is he okay? Was he still followed? Will I-.... Will I see him again?

I couldn't stop crying as I thought of him. Scared that I might lose him.

Ding! Dong!

Again? Who's that?

If I'm not wrong, today is Monday, which means I skipped class.

Is my classmate visiting me?...

....No... I don't think so. After what happened, they probably wouldn't bother checking on me.

Perhaps... Sudo-kun? Or could it be....... Ayanokoji-kun?

......

Funny. I'm so helpless... He.... won't visit me.

Why would he? I abandoned my role and left him. And though indirectly, I already told him that from now on, I'll be his enemy. I'll choose Utomiya's side.

Whoever it is, I don't have the energy to get up and entertain him or her. I have to rest and recover first. If it's something important, I'm sure that person will come back and see me again.

I started closing my eyes, deciding to completely ignore the person outside my room but then, I heard the sound of a keycard being inserted.

Someone is unlocking the door. Who's that? Hopefully, not an enemy. I'm too weak to defend myself right now. I couldn't even lift my head.

If there's one person that comes to mind, it could be Utomiya. He's the only one who has a duplicate key to my room. But him ringing the doorbell first seems wrong.

I heard the door opening and was closed once again after a moment. The person must be inside now.

I could hear the person taking off his shoes and was putting it in my shoe closet while I only looked down and waited for the person to appear. But before he showed himself, he said...

"... Horikita-senpai.... I'm coming in."

Unexpected words from the voice of the person I expected.

After a minute, Utomiya appeared right before my eyes.