A Glimpse Of My Plan

AYANOKOJI POV

Third semester just ended. Next month, we'll become third years. 

"I will only have one more year of normal life huh."

But before that, I have to enjoy myself.

I was waiting for the elevator to arrive. Me and Kei will be having a date today. Of course, it was still a secret date and so, we planned to meet at a karaoke room.

As the elevator opened, I saw a girl inside. Unlike me who was wearing casual clothes, she was wearing her school uniform.

Well, that's normal for her, considering her position in this school.

"Good morning."

I stepped inside and greeted Horikita. She greeted me back and pressed the close button.

"The student council is pretty busy huh. We just finished the final semester two days ago and you're going to the school again."

"And you're not even ashamed saying that to me despite being responsible for all of this."

Her answer really matched the expression of her face right now. Well, she's not wrong. I made her join the student council after all.

"Me being busy is understandable but it seems like you're dealing with something also."

"What do you mean?"

"Are you not aware that you have been so busy lately? You always go out immediately right after class. I thought that you're going to hang out with your friends again but most of the time Yukimura-kun and the others were still in the classroom while you're nowhere to be seen anymore. Even now, you're going somewhere again."

I see. She's been observing me lately.

Just a few days ago, I had a fight with Yagami.

That's right. The white room student, who wanted to expel me, that Amasawa mentioned was Yagami. 

Right after Amasawa told me about the existence of an enemy that I haven't noticed for almost a year, all I did was search for him and was the reason why I was busy lately.

I tried not to make it obvious but Horikita managed to notice it. She's giving me more attention than I thought.

Amasawa gave me hints whenever I asked her but all her hints were so vague for me to determine who it was. Well, she actually gave me her reason and it was because of Yagami's motive. 

It turned out Yagami wanted to have a one on one duel with me just to prove who was better.

But instead of expelling me, what he did only was set me up to fight physically.

Well, he was indeed strong. I even have to wear long sleeves now just to hide the bruises on my arms that haven't healed yet. I gained this as he was coming at me all out and as I had to block his attacks that he was constantly aiming at my face. Fortunately, I don't have one on my face or it could have caused a commotion in my class, then I have to come up with a convincing lie again especially to the full of suspicions Horikita.

Dealing with a person raised in that facility sure is different.

I managed to put bruises on Yagami's face. For a very friendly, well-mannered student that he showed to his classmates, no, to everyone in this school, I wonder what excuse he made from getting those bruises since it definitely looked like he got it from a fight.

Well, I don't really care.

But our duel wasn't done yet as Yagami told me to prepare myself as he's going to surely expel me next time.