Where Everything Will Start

UTOMIYA POV

Six in the evening, a day before the new school year starts, I got a message that I have to go to the reception office immediately.

So we were finally called. The start of my real battle.

I believe they sent a message to Amasawa and Yagami too.

I knocked on the door and opened it. The first thing that I saw was Amasawa who was near the door and was about to leave the room.

It appears that she got interrogated already. So we were called at different times.

I entered the room while Amasawa walked past me and went out of the reception office.

There, Tsukishiro was standing while that man was sitting on a sofa.

He even came here. This would be harder than I thought.

"Sit first, Utomiya."

Tsukishiro ordered me to sit down and so I did, facing that man. I have to make myself even harder to see through or this man would notice my real plan.

"The reports I heard about you sound very disappointing, Utomiya."

As soon as I sat, that man spoke with a cold look while tapping his index finger on the armrest of the sofa.

"Tsukishiro said that you're very much enjoying this school. Joining the student council, working hard on every special exam that your class advanced to class B."

We overtook Yagami's class as he was not really interested in helping his class. He only made it look like he was leading them but he was only making half-assed strategies. He only cares about defeating Ayanokoji after all.

It's not just our class, Horikita's class also overtook Ryuen's class. Both our classes are Class B starting tomorrow.

"But that's only from Tsukishiro's perspective. I, who have been watching you for a decade, already knew what type of person you are. So, I believe you're gonna tell me something interesting today, am I right?"

That man then looked at me attentively, waiting for me to say what he wanted to hear.

"Let me hear your plan."

"Yes."

I fixed my posture and made a serious expression.

"It's true that I did nothing yet on expelling Ayanokoji and was only observing him from up close and at the same time, keeping my distance for him to not know my identity. What I only know was his impressive record in the white room but his personality and the way he thinks are not known to us."

"And for a whole year of observing him, did you manage to get the information you needed to expel him?"

"Shut up, Tsukishiro...."

Ayanokoji's father ordered Tsukishiro to close his mouth after interrupting me, which he immediately obeyed.

"Continue...."

"But your son was always on guard. Even to the people around him, who I thought he considered as friends, he refuses to show that much about him. It wasn't just that, it wasn't just us enforcers. Couple of students such as class leaders, not just from his year level but from upper and lower levels too, were targeting him. But despite everything, he was able to protect himself while still staying low. I must say, I already get why you call him the masterpiece of the white room."

Upon hearing that, the right corner of his lips raised slightly, looking proud.

"Though I already had the idea of how to take him out, I needed a back up plan."