Won't Hesitate to Protect

UTOMIYA POV

Third semester started. An hour had passed since we arrived at our destination where our all year level special exam will happen.

A week before we were sent here, we were instructed to form a team with the other year level. And since 2nd year class D and our class had a cooperative relationship, we decided to form a team the day when the exam was announced.

Further instructions were announced when we arrived at the training camp. Each team should break into two groups and each group will live in separate buildings. The only time we could see the other group was when we had our lunch and dinner.

I was called by Horikita to submit our list of students in each group. She also called Hirata and Ayanokoji. Though Sudo wasn't called, he invited himself in the group. Horikita did not mind it though and just let him stay.

"This is the list I made for our class."

Horikita showed us the list. My eyes silently scanned the names of students listed where Ayanokoji was in. Good thing, I found the name that I was looking for. It seems like I don't have to do anything just to make Ayanokoji and Karuizawa to be in the same group.

I once made a promise to Amasawa that I'll make sure that Ayanokoji and Karuizawa will be in the same group in this exam for her to agree to my request that she's gonna postpone her plan of exposing their relationship to the public. Though she said that I'll hear her answer now, I already knew that she accepted my request. If she doesn't like the request, she will immediately say no, but when she says that she'll need to think about it, most of the time, her answer is yes.

"Wait Horikita, why are you and Yosuke in the same group? Aren't you supposed to be separated? We also need a leader in our group."

Ayanokoji complained upon seeing the list while Sudo was looking sad that he did not belong to Horikita's group.

"I need Hirata-kun on my side. He will serve as my communication link not just to our class but to our third year teammate also."

"Then who's going to be our leader?"

"I know that you don't like to stand out so you can choose Yukimura-kun as your group leader. Just give him some advice."

"Me, giving advice?"

Upon hearing that, Horikita sighed and looked at him with a done look.

"Stop acting dumb Ayanokoji-kun. You know what I mean."

Ayanokoji then became quiet. Hirata was only smiling. Sudo also does not seem to be surprised.

So all of these guys already had a grasp of Ayanokoji's abilities to a certain extent.

"Karuizawa-san and Kushida-san are also in your group so you won't have trouble communicating with the other classes. Is that right Horikita-san?"

Horikita then nodded in response to Hirata.

"And you know the reason why I can't be in the same group with those girls right? I don't think we could properly communicate."

"And you think we get along?"

"You don't?"

Horikita was asking Ayanokoji in a suspicious manner.

He did not answer.

Does Horikita know about Ayanokoji and Karuizawa's relationship?

I wondered. Hirata was also looking like he knew while Sudo was completely lost.

"Just like last year's training camp, we had some physical activities like running, so I had to divide our physically strong students evenly."

So that means.