Just Between Us

HORIKITA POV 

It's been a day since I saw Utomiya-kun's true colors.

He refused to answer my questions and told me that he will meet and talk with me if he wants to. And guess what? He's really doing it. 

I thought that he would act normal and pretend that nothing happened between us but he was openly showing it infront of our co-members in the council.

Ever since he came into the office, he did not speak to me much less look at me and just went straight to his desk. The other members were confused when he greeted them but not me, the student council president.

Eventually, it created an awkward atmosphere in the room. 

While the other two second year members went to him and asked, Ichinose-san came to me and asked worriedly of what's wrong and if Utomiya-kun and I had a fight.

Since what really happened was something I just couldn't carelessly share with anyone, I didn't have a choice but to copy Utomiya-kun's answer and replied 'not really'. Understanding our situation, Ichinose-san respected my answer and stopped asking more questions.

Well, I think that was the correct answer. 

It wasn't really a fight. He only decided to show his real self and I just got to know more of him.

In fact, I wasn't mad at him for betraying me. He was only doing his job, I believe. Instead, I was angry at myself for being blind and for trusting the wrong person. 

While I was having trouble concentrating and couldn't put my whole attention at my work, Utomiya-kun finished his paperwork earlier than all of us and left the office. He did ask permission from the members though, still excluding me.

I wonder what drama he was trying to make by doing this so openly. 

Sigh.

He must have decided not to talk to me today but that won't make me stop as I decided to start my plan tonight.

I might have fallen into his trap but it doesn't mean that I'm already defeated. Infact, the battle just got started.

I created this problem so I have to take responsibility for this. I can't just keep on blaming myself and worry about all those threats. Instead, I have to do something to save everyone, including Ayanokoji-kun.

I was on my way to my room while holding this firm decision of mine with a much stronger heart.

The moment I step in my room, my battle will begin. But.......

That's what I thought. 

After I took off my shoes and was about to put it on my shoe closet, I was a bit surprised with a mix of confusion, as I noticed a pair of shoes that clearly isn't mine, stealing a space in my shoe closet.

"..... A men's shoe?"

Whose shoes are these? 

The only guys that I had once invited in my room were Utomiya-kun and Ayanokoji-kun. But I don't remember them leaving behind a pair of their shoes. 

Wait. Leaving their shoes? That doesn't make sense at all. Moreover, this was not here a month, a week ago, yesterday or even this morning in the first place.

Could it be.....

I dropped my shoes on the floor and hurriedly went inside of my room to confirm my suspicions.

And then.... my jaw dropped as I saw that boy shamelessly lying on my bed while reading a book. I was having a hard time finding my words because of confusion. No, because of anger.