Chapter 3

It was 6:00 pm and I was nervously fidgeting in my seat.

After my strange conversation with Reece, I had finished all my homework just so that I could have an excuse to call up both Carly and Richard and call them down to my house.

Okay, so maybe that’s not the only reason I called them. But, I just talked to them for barely 10 minutes.

Okay, so maybe I talked to Carly for an hour.

To my surprise, my mom had come home earlier than when she was supposed to. The moment I opened the door, I was struck with her guilty face. My glare never softened on her as I stared at her until she quietly walked into the kitchen.

Okay, now who’s the mom? My mom or me?

Carly and Richard came about one hour ago and we were all now seated in the living room.

Reece and Stevie stood up together, holding hands.

“So, we have called down everyone important to us so that we can tell you something really important.” Reece started.

“We consider you all a part of our family.” Stevie justified.

“Yeah, that’s we called you down here.”

“So that we can tell you something important.”

“It is so important that we decided that we would come here.”

“Yeah, we felt that-“

“STOP STALLING, WILL YOU?” I screamed at them, losing all control I had.

This is ridiculous.

A few murmurs went around the room after my outburst.

“Shhh.” I hissed at everyone talking but got even more irritated when they ignored me.

As I thought I couldn’t stop them from talking, I realized I need to relax and took a swig of water.

But that was when she spilled the beans.

“I’m pregnant.” Stevie blurted out and the water in my mouth came spurting out in surprise.

My mom gasped as Rich and Carly started cheering.

“Congratulations, guys.” Cary went up to them, giving them each a hug.

“Good job, man.” Rich said. Carly coughed a little to let him know how awkward he had sounded.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. “I mean, uh, congratulations.”

My sister looked at my mom as tears formed in her eyes. I was still staring at the floor in surprise.

My sister is pregnant. Oh my goodness.

“Mom?” When my mom didn’t reply she turned to me desperately.

“Alex? You have nothing to say?”

OH MY GOD. MY SISTER IS PREGNANT.

It was as if a bulb went off in my head as I jumped up and hugged her tightly. Stevie laughed a little through her tears and hugged me back.

Pulling back, I smirked at her. “You know, when you both were dating, I was totally shipping Reecie.”

“Reecie?”

“That’s you ship name, now shush.” Carly silenced them.

“Remember when I used to tell you I would be your guys’ baby’s aunty and Carly would be the god mother?” I laughed at the memory of me when I was fifteen years old.