Chapter 13

HERE IT IS AND JUST KEEP READING GUYS.

***********

"Here it is!" Bethany told us excitedly as we stared up at the building in front of us. It was one hell of a creepy looking building.

Bethany was standing in front of us, satisfyingly staring at the building. Cody winked at us before going behind her and hugging her from the back. He whispered something in her ear and she instantly giggled. Zach and I made gagging sounds at them.

"This doesn't look so safe." Rich said, nervously.

"Yeah, you guys. Why don't we just shoot in the park or something?" I agreed, slightly backing up.

Instantly, Zach grabbed my hand and jerked me forward so I was standing in front of him. "It wouldn't be as thrilling and fun in the park, now would it?"

Bethany clapped her hands together excitedly. "Exactly! So, let's go! I'll show you guys where I usually shoot and then maybe you won't be that scared."

Bethany and Cody decided to start as they walked into the building while holding hands. I looked up at the building again. It looked old and it definitely needed white washing. It was a rainy day so the dark clouds behind the building at just 6:30 pm were starting to freak me out. We had taken three cars to this weird neighborhood. The street light kept flickering and whenever there was light, the tall trees behind us gave a very scary shadow. And on top of this all, the wind was crazy and the trees were moving. The wind made a very creepy humming sound now and then, making me shiver.

Out of nowhere, we heard a dog bark into the silence of the night. I jumped up in surprise, closing my eyes. When I opened them, I stared right back into Zach's concerned eyes.

"Hey, you okay?"

I scoffed. "No, Zach, I'm freaking terrified."

He chuckled in response and grabbed my hand, dragging me toward the entrance of the building.

"Do you realize that you're dragging me into a horror movie?" I asked him skeptically as he neared the entrance.

"Aw, don't be scared, honey. I'll hold your hand." He told me with a wink before pushing me through the entrance.

Cody was holding the door open as we all walked in. The first thing I noticed was nothing because there was no light.

Zach was coming right behind me and when he laid a hand on my shoulder, I jumped at the sudden contact.

"Oops, sorry." He said before coming and standing next to me.

"Okay, guys. I think that the lights aren't working today. That's odd, because they work most of the time." Bethany stated while looking around lightly.

"Most of the time?" Carly trembled.

"This is odd, trust me." I told her. Suddenly, I felt someone's hand intervening with my own hand, making me look up. Zach smiled at me; his eyes were whirling with a rare emotion that I didn't understand. But I smiled anyway, and squeezed his hand.

Bethany held up her phone which gave some light. Cody did the same thing, grinning in victory. Now everything was a bit clearer to see and it looked like some haunted old hotel. The windows had torn curtains and I think it had started to rain already; we were able to see lightning strikes. There were two old elevators near the entrance, to our back. To the opposite, there was a grand and old staircase leading upstairs; there was even carpeting on the steps. There were small locked rooms on either side of it.

Bethany ran to the elevators and pressed the button. They made a huge sound as it started from the top and started coming down. I gulped slowly, holding Zach's hand tighter.