Chapter 4

HELLO THERE, READERS. If there are any...

So, here is the fourth chapter :) If you have been reading until this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

-*-*-*-

Not two minutes ago did the guy look like a man child, holding a nerf gun at my head because he didn’t know me and now, he was acting so arrogant?

It amazes me how he showed his arrogant side in a matter of seconds.

“Greek god?”

“Yeah. I mean, look at me.”

I scoffed. Unattractively.

“Who just made that sound?” I heard Carly’s voice. She had turned around since the scoffing caught attention.

“Me, but that’s not the point.”

She pointed at Zach. “Who is that?”

Zach bowed slightly, making his hair fall over his eyes attractively.

“I’m Zach Delgado, and you are?”

“Uhh Carly?” She asked.

I laughed and she turned to look at me confused. I shrugged. “I’m usually the one who acts awkward with strangers.”

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes.  I chuckled.

“So, you guys are the only intruders here?” Zach questioned us before plopping himself on the beanbag next to me.

“No, our friend, Rich is here too.” Carly said.

“Yeah?”

“Yup. I think he’s talking downstairs with Barbara.” I said. He nodded understandingly.

He winked at me. “Here’s a secret: She hates it when you call her Barbie.”

I raised my eyebrows at his statement.

 Yes, Connor, that was totally helpful since, you know, I REALLY want to piss off the mayor’s wife.

“Haaayy! Alexie, I want to show you how to play with glow sticks!” Lily whined. Connor shot me an amused look.

I shrugged at him uneasily, “What?”

He shook his head. “Nothing.”

I stood up and sat where Carly sat as Carly went and sat near Zach.

“Okay, so first, you take this glow stick and you open it.”

She showed me how to do it and I nodded, absorbing all the details.

“Then, you pour the glowing glitter in a plastic cup.”

I nodded again, doing as the little girl said. While doing so, I turned my head a little to see Carly and Zach engaged in a conversation.

I smiled to myself a little before continuing to play with this adorable little girl.

********

“Thanks, Barbara, for inviting us over.” I bid her goodbye after the longest break ever.

Rich had gone back to work after one hour but Carly and I didn’t leave until Lily was satisfied with us.

“No problem, sweetie.”

“Bye baby.” I hugged Lily.

“Bye Alexie. Bye Carly.”

Carly waved at her. Carly and I walked out the front door but stopped once we heard a voice.