Chapter 8

Second update today :)

Hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 8//

His car parked in front of the house and I bit my lip. I was sitting in the passenger seat. He got out and closed the door with a slam but I was still sitting in my seat, mesmerized by the sight in front of me.

Barbara had let us through the back door the last time I had come, so I didn’t have the experience of going from the front.

It was huge. It was not a house, no, it was a mansion.

The door from my side suddenly opened and I felt a hand closing my mouth which was agape.

“You don’t plan on eating flies for dinner, do you?” Zach asked me smirking.

I turned to him and rolled my eyes. “Sorry, Zach, I don’t make plans like you do.”

He chuckled before helping me out the car. Closing the door he walked towards the entrance with me following him. We just entered the door when we heard Barbara’s voice.

“Zachary James Delgado! Is that you? Listen, you need to be here when your father and-“ Her sentence stopped short when she saw me. “Alex!” She breathed out.

I stared at her in awe. She was wearing a beautiful golden dress that reached all the way to her foot. Above the cleavage line, the dress was transparent gold net with a few beads that shimmered in light. In fact, her whole dress shimmered in the light. Her hair was neatly combed and pulled to one side. A single, thin braid held the weight of her hair and she was wearing beautiful diamond earrings. She was also rocking some 4-inch golden high heels.

“You look amazing!” I told her, smiling.

She grinned. “You think so? Ah, it feels so great to have girl’s opinion!”

I laughed. “You seriously look beautiful. And what about Lily?”

She winked at me. “That girl is my daughter so of course she has to tell that I look gorgeous.” I laughed again.

The replica of Zach walked inside the room wearing a black suit.

Mr. Delgado. I have seen him on TV before but this was the first time I actually am paying attention on how he looked.

I guess I was gaping again because I felt Zach’s hand close my mouth for the second time.

“Don’t embarrass me!” He whisper yelled to me and I tried to hold back my giggle.

“Zachary, make sure that you-“

His sentence also cut short once he spotted me. I squirmed under his gaze and Zach awkwardly cleared his throat. “Dad, this is Alex. The girl mum was talking about.”

I blushed. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Delgado.”

He slightly nodded at me. “Nice to meet you.” He turned to Barbara who held straightened his suit and told him something. I turned to Zach.

“So, where is Lily?”

Right at the moment, Lily came running outside, wearing her pajamas. “ALEXIE!”

I bent down to her level and kissed her cheek as she hugged me. “Hey there, Lily!”

She pulled away and turned to her father. “Daddy, daddy, meet Lily!” She shouted excitedly, hugging his leg.

He shot her a small smile and patted her head before turning to Barbara again. She frowned for a second sadly before Zach opened his mouth.

“Hey, Lily! You, uh, want to watch a movie?”