Chapter 9

Third update ^_^

Well, here it is! I hope you like it.

Chapter 9//

My alarm clock shrilled and I rolled over the bed to hit the snooze button. By accident, it fell down with a loud thud.

Oh, was it a new one? I don’t care.

Oh, will my mom yell at me? Yes, but I don’t care.

Oh, will I feel bad while spending money for another one? Maybe, but I still don’t care.

Oh, was it 7:15 already? I don’t...

7:15?

That was when I shot up straight out of bed. The duvet, which was already on the floor because of my twisting and turning, made me trip as I jumped out of bed.

“Ow!” I landed hard on my butt as I slipped and fell backwards. The back of my head hit the bottom of the bed and I groaned in pain.

What a great way to start!

My door opened and my sister stood there with an enthusiastic smile pasted on her face. She looked to find me in that position and frowned immediately. She rushed over to me and helped me up.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded slightly. “Yeah, kind of.”

She sighed happily and sat down on the bed. “How’s life?”

I raised my eyebrow at her. “That came out of nowhere!” She giggled at me.

“Yeah well Recce was blabbering last night about you and some boy that he found you with.”

My cheeks flushed. “It’s a long story!” I told her, since I never told them about how I had met Barbara at the café. Many things have happened and I didn’t want to say all of it.

“Okay, fine. Saturday, let’s go out for shopping and stuff with Carly, okay? I feel like I’m missing out on so many things.” She told me, shooting me a sad smile.

I hugged her tightly. “You’ll always be a part of my life, Stevie.”

I felt her grin. “I know.” She pulled back. “By the way, Reece and I are going for our first check up today.”

I grinned at her. “How is mom doing?”

“She’s freaking out and Tony is trying to calm her.”

“Tony?” I thought he had left last night after dinner.

“Oh, you didn’t know? Tony is staying over for a few days.” She smiled.

“Oh.” I said, awkwardly.

“You think he is good for mum?” She asked me. I took a deep breath and smiled at her.

“Yeah. I mean, she is acting pretty close to him and he wasn’t, like, disgusted or anything by the fact that she already has two children and a grandchild coming on the way. He seems genuinely attracted to her and I feel like that’s good, you know? I feel like maybe that’s what exactly mom needs.” I explained to her what I felt.

She nodded. “Yeah. He seems to be caring as well.”

I nodded along and for a few minutes, we both just sat there, silently enjoying each other’s company.

“Alright. You get ready as fast as possible and I’ll make breakfast for you, okay?” She asked before standing up and going to the door.

“Yeah, sure! Thanks, Stevie.”