Chapter 10

FOURTH UPDATE! Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Well, here it is. I hope you like it :)

Chapter 10//

Later that evening, Bethany had come to the chill café, right before her date with Cody. I called Carly and she decided that even though the café bathroom smells bad, we would dress her up for the fancy date that Cody was taking her on. Carly was getting on so much better with Bethany and I honestly think it’s because she got a chance to write screenplay. She’s loved writing and directing all her life too and so does Beth. 

“Voila!” Carly dramatically said as we twirled around Bethany to face the bathroom mirror. She gasped.

“Guys! Oh my god, this is like expert dress-up skills!”

Carly laughed as I stared at her in awe. We really did an amazing job. She was wearing a short, lace dress which was frilly from the waist onwards. I was in love with Barbara’s style so we decided that she had to wear a crew neck dress that was lace from the top of the cleavage till her long sleeve ends. The dress overall looked as if lace was covering a peach colored strap dress that she was wearing underneath. Her makeup was really simple as her skin had natural beauty. We finished off her look with a pair of nude high heels, her peach colored watch and an adorable heart shaped locket.

“Cody will fall at his feet, you know?” We all turned around to Zach’s voice. “Cody loves short dresses and brunettes.” He winked at Bethany and she grinned at him.

“Thanks. I feel pretty confident now, guys.” She told all of us, hugging us one by one. Her arms went around my shoulder and my arms around her shoulders.

“Zach is staring at you!” She cheered in my ear and I rolled my eyes. It was so typical of her to say something like that.

However, no matter how much I wanted to ignore her, I couldn’t help but divert my eyes toward Zach. He is staring at me.

Don’t blush, Alex! He winked at me.

Something came over me. So, very sassily, I winked back at him. His eyes showed surprise as I smirked at him.

Carly cleared her throat. “So, guys, Cody should be here any minute.” She stood up straight, all motherly, and paced around. “First, Rich and I will meet him and make sure he’s okay.”

“He’s perfect for her!” Zach and I said at the same time as Bethany said, “He’s way better than just okay.”

She stopped her pacing and scrunched her eyebrows at the three of us. “Anyways, Alex will take you pictures for Instagram after that.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Seriously?”

“Yeah! And then Zach will-“

“Help them escape form the wrath of Mother Carly?” He asked her, an amused smile on his face.

Carly frowned. “Shut up, you son of a burrito.” I giggled.

Zach’s phone beeped and he looked down, a grin making its way onto his face. “Well then, Princess Bethany, your Prince Charming is here!”

I squealed and hugged her. She giggled, “I’d rather call him my Knight in Shining Armor.”

Zach rolled his eyes as Carly and I shoved Bethany towards the door. Outside was stood Cody, wearing a black dress shirt with black slacks and his hands in his pocket. Behind him was a car and I grinned.

“Have fun!” Carly and I sang in union as she walked out the door and into the safe hands of her date.

I turned around and sighed happily. Carly went around and grabbed her phone checking her texts.