Chapter 7 (Jangras PoV) Back To Camp

I looked at the young dragon for a few moments, as I felt bad for the little guy, but at the same time, I knew that Nink was right as well. A young dragon, at a time like the one that we were in at the moment, should not be running off like that.
I looked down at the young dragon, as I saw that she did not look too happy with her brother at all. I felt a bit bad for Nink too, as I knew that it must be hard on him, having to take care of his sister all of the time, after the passing of his parents.
I knew that he was still hurt by it as well, and I felt very bad for him. I did not want to say anything, because I was not sure what I could say to make him feel better. I knew, that him, much like most of the dragons in the tribe, he did not like Yikla.
Just like the rest of the dragons, they all believed that she had betrayed us. A part of me felt bad for Yikla, but at the same time, I did not. She had in fact betrayed us, and she had given away some vital information about a lot of stuff in the tribe, to save her own skin.
I still was not sure whether or not I should trust her. I knew that I was going to meet up with her soon, but it was going to be a long ways away from where the tribe stayed at, for I still did have some fear that she would tell her father where it was that we were at.
It was just going to be me and her as well... Socra said that was how it would need to go. She said it was up to me, whether or not I should trust her. I did not like to have to take in all of that stress either, as I knew that if I made the wrong choice, it could very well lead to the end of our tribe.
I shook my head, as I closed my eyes at the same time as well, as I did my best to shake out all of those thoughts from out of my head. I had to keep an open mind on all of this, but at the same time, I also knew that I should not be too quick to believe every word that she had tp say to me.
I sat there for just a few seconds, as it seemed as though I had been lost in thought for quite some time now, but really it had only been just a couple of seconds. I heard Wiplin begin to speak back to her brother, it a bit of an angry voice too.
I opened my eyes at the same time, as I looked over at the young dragon. She seemed to be a bit of a sweet dragon when I had first spoken to her, but I now also saw that she had a bit of a rebellious side in her. I felt a bit bad for Nink as well, as I knew that he really did not need to be going through that right now.
I looked over at Wiplin, as I saw that she had her eyes on her brother, as I could tell that she was quite a bit angry as well, even though Nink was just doing his job. He was trying to be a parent, so that she could be raised properly.
I felt like I should step in on all of this at the same time as well, but I figured that I would wait, and see how Nink handled this at the same time too. I was not sure why I was testing him, but I did it anyways, as I listened to what it was that Wiplin had to say back to her brother.
"You aren't my dad! You don't tell me what to do, or where to go! I just saw Jangra, and I wanted to go and talk to him! I will never get that chance again!" She said back to her brother. She was a bit angry, but at the same time, I could tell that she was not going to let that get the best of her.
Nink looked at her for just a few seconds, as he squinted his eyes at her at the same time as well. I stared at him, watching all of what he did, to see how he handled this situation, and what he felt like inside too. I could tell that he was not happy, but at the same time, he was doing his best to stay calm.
I felt a bit bad for Nink at the same time too... It was in fact true, at what she had said by the fact the he was not her dad. He sure as hell was trying to be though, and that was not in a bad way. You needed a parent to teach you what was right and wrong.
Nink looked back over at me, as I had noticed. I could see that he was a bit embarrassed by all of this. Though I did not mean to put any more pressure on him, than he already had, I then in fact began to squint my eyes at him, at the same time as well.
I could tell that it did not make him feel any better at all either. I looked away for just a few seconds, as I was not sure as to why I had done that. After a few more seconds of time had passed however, I then heard Nink speak back to his sister, in a well spoken tone of voice as well, as I turned my head over to him, to see how he would handle all of this.
"I am not... But we do not have one any more, and you can not just run off like that... I am trying to teach you, just like our parents had done to me. It scares me when you do stuff like that... You know that the black dragons would kill you as soon as they saw you." He said back to his sister.
I was not sure how true that was or not, as I knew that a lot of the red dragons that were in our tribe, tended to over exaggerate how bad the black dragons were. At the same time, I shivered as well, as I knew that it in fact could be true.
The looks on the faces of the black dragons, when they had talked us, seemed to show no sign that they were even dragons to begin with. They were all a bit young as well, many of them just a few years older than I was. I was not sure what was going on with them at the moment.
I knew that Yikla had told me that they were being brain washed by her father, and they had women practically locked up in caves, so that they could be used to reproduce more and more dragons. She had told be that there were over 100 thousand of them.
If that was in fact true, than it really did scare me for the future of this world. I was not sure how much of a chance we really had to begin with. It had not gotten off to a very hot start for us, I knew that for sure. I shook my head as I cleared out all of those thoughts.
I looked back over to Nink, and his sister Wiplin. I saw that she had her head down low to the ground as well, as she knew that what her brother had said to her, was in fact true. I felt a bit bad for her, as she had really only done it, so that she could talk to me. I felt like I should lift her up as well, as I then spoke to her.
"Wiplin... How about this... I will talk to you after my training is done with your brother... You just follow him back to camp."