Chapter 28 (Jangras POV) Against The Rules

Penta looked at me for just a few moments, as it was clear that she was still a bit worried if it were against the rules or not. I was kind of worried about it as well, and it felt kind of cheap at the same time too, but at the same time as well, it did not say in the rules that teams were allowed to talk after they had scored.
Plus, this was one of the only other ideas that I had, to give us a chance to win. It was insanely lucky that we had even scored there. Even if I was a strong dragon, I could not fight off a whole heard of dragons. I had to take some sort of advantages off of their own dumb mistakes.
I looked at Penta, with a bit of a grin on my face, as I then nodded to her at the same time too. She rolled her eyes at me, but she at least nodded back to me, to tell me that she was okay, and she was going to join me in the plan that I had, to get us to score another point.
I was tempted to call Nink, but at the same time, I did not want to get the attention of the other team on us, as I knew that I could use him as a distraction at the same time too, since he was in the middle cheering with a couple of team mates.
I did not want to get my team mates eyes on us as well, as I knew that would draw some attention too. It was clear that the attackers on the other team, were too busy being angry at their team mates that were the defenders, and had just some how let us score on them.
I turned my head back over to Penta, but to my surprise, I saw that she had already flew off, and was a few tail lengths ahead of me as well. I did not hesitate either, as I flew after her at the same time too, making sure that I did not spread my wings, as to the fact that I was worried that it would make a lot of noise, and get the attention on us.
I saw that not a single dragon around was paying us any sort of attention how ever, as I then flew past Penta, and got in to the middle of the circle, to choose one of the branches that was left. I was about to choose the smaller one, so that I could go a little bit faster, but for some reason, some thing was telling me not to do so.
I shook my head, as I grabbed the bigger branch, and I looked over in to the clearing one more time, as I saw that no one had a clue as to what was going down at the moment. I smiled a bit, as I then turned my head over to Penta, at the exact same time as well, and then I nodded, as I began to speak to her.
"I'm going to go this time, and if any one notices us, you fly around to distract them." I said to her. She looked at me for a few moments, as I saw her squint her eyes at me. I knew that she thought I was being greedy, by not letting her score the point, but that was not the case at all.
I was sure that they had learned from last time, not to assume that I had the branch, and at the same time too, I had in fact just let Nink score, so if any thing, I was doing the opposite of all of that. I blinked a few times, as Penta did not say a word to me, as she just nodded, and then she turned her eyes in front of us.
If there was one thing that I could say good about this dragon, than it was the fact that she did not hesitate at all, when you were to make a plan. I knew that she just wanted to get it done. I blinked a few times, as I was still a bit surprised by the fact, of how fast that she sped off, even after what I had just been thinking.
I knew what I had to do at the same time how ever, as I was quick to follow right after her. We flew with each other for just a couple of moments, until we got to the mid point, and we were just about to fly past Lunk, and all of the others that were there.
That was when all of the attention got on to us, as I saw a lot of shocked looks on many of the faces of the dragons, as it was clear that they had not a clue as to what was going on at the current moment. That was, except for one dragon, which was Kota, who was too far away to stop either of us any ways.
He did yell at all of the dragons, as to get their attention, so that they could stop us before we had the chance to get to the other side. I blinked a few times, but I did not hesitate at all, as I kept on flying. I did in fact how so ever, listen to what it was that Kota had to say to all of the dragons that were on his team.
"Stop them! They are about to score!" He said to all of them. As soon as he had said it as well, it was clear that he had all of the eyes of the dragons on us, as many of them did in fact fly up, to get ready to stop us. It was more than there were before as well, as the attackers on their team, were on their side, as they were ready to stop us too.
I stopped for just a second, as it was clear at this point, that there was no way that we were going to be able to get threw, to the other side. It was a good idea, and it might have worked, but unfortunately enough for us, it was not the case at all, in the end.
That was when a crazy idea flew up in to my mind, at the last second, that might give us some sort of chance to get us on to the other side. I looked over at Nink, as I saw that he had a bunch of his team mates still with him, cheering him on. It was right in the middle of all of it at the same time too.
I knew what I was about to do, was about to be a lot of chaos, and a ton of madness at the same time as well. I also knew that it might just have the chance of working, as I stood there for just a bit longer, and then I began to yell to my own team mates, such as Kota had just done, so that I could get their attention.
"Help us! All of you! Now!" I yelled to them. I thought there were going to be a bunch of confused, and worried looks on the faces of the dragons, as it was clear that they were worried that it meant that the other team would have a chance of scoring on us.
It was going to be half time though, but I was not so sure if they would realize that. I stood there for just a little bit longer, as I saw many of them nod to my surprise, as they lifted their heads up, as they then began to fly over to many of the dragons that were on the other team.
I knew that they would not be able to take them down more than likely, and it would not matter either, as they were on their own side. It was just the distraction, which I had thought I could use Penta for at first, but I now realized that she could not distract all 12 of them on the other team.
I saw a lot of confused looks on the faces of the other team, at the exact same time too, as a bunch of dragons suddenly began to fly on top of them. It was the perfect time to go and score now, as I lifted my self up a little bit higher, as I once again cracked a bit of a smile, as I was just about ready to fly ahead.
That was when suddenly, I felt some thing strong grab on to the branch that I was holding, as I was a bit confused, and a bit lost on what it could be. I looked over, as I realized that it was Penta, as I tilted my head at the same tine too, as I was not sure as to what it was that she was doing at the current moment.
She squinted her eyes at me, as I felt like she was trying to grab the branch from me, so that she could go and score her self. We did not have the time for that how ever, as about to get a little bit angry, and say some thing to her, but she spoke to me instead, before I had the chance to do so. I looked at her for a little bit longer, as I then listened to what it was that she had to say to me at the same time as well.
"We do this together... 2 is stronger than one... If one of goes down, than the other one must prevail." She said to me, in a bit of an explanation as to what she was doing. I was not sure if it were a good idea or not, and it still kind of sounded like to me, that she wanted to be the one to score.
It felt like if both of us were going to go in, than it would slow us down quite a bit. As I thought about it for just a little bit longer how ever, I then began to think that it could in fact be a good idea. It was clear to me, even if our team mates were doing their best to stop them, there were still going to be a few that were going to try and stop us.
If there were 2 of us, than it meant that we would have twice the strength, and we would have twice the power at the exact same time as well. I had my eyes squinted at her for just a little bit longer, until I then nodded to her at the exact same time too, as I then turned my head over to the hell pit that was in front of us.
I let out a loud sigh, as we then began to fly with one another. If this was a few years ago, I would have been happy about this, but it felt a bit strange to me, that I was this close to a dragon that had tried to kill me. I shook off all of those thoughts at rhe same time too, as I knew that it was not going to help us through this.
A lot of dragons tried running towards us, but our team mates were there to stop them at the same time as well, as they jumped on top of their backs, to try to take them down, or at the very least try to slow them down at the same time as well.
They were doing a great job as well, as I would have thought that this many weak dragons could never be this powerful. They had fight in them, and they believed in them selves as well. That was what we needed for us to win in a war, as I was beginning to come to that realization.
We were being a real team, and that was all that you could ask for in the end. If you had good morale, and good chemistry, than you could do a lot with just that. I smiled as we flew through, as I felt the tears of many dragons flying in to us, to try to take us down.
They did not last all that long, as I was a very strong dragon, and it was a fair bit easy for me to shove them off, as well as the fact that I had help from our team mates too. It was a bit of a struggle to get through still, but we kept on fighting, as I could see the finish just a little bit ahead of us.
I was starting to think that we could actually get through this, as we kept on fighting threw to hoard of dragons that were all around us, flying in to each other, as it seemed like they did not know who was on their own teams. I spotted the middle ground just a few dragon lengths ahead.
Just as soon as I thought we had a chance, a huge dragon slammed right in front of us, as it first I had thought that it had been a black dragon, as I kind of got a little bit scared. I realized that it was just Lunk how ever, as I saw that he had quite the angry look on his face.
That look did not seem to last all that long, as I saw it turn in to a little bit of a smile. I knew if there was one dragon that could take down the 2 of us at the same time, than it was going to be that dragon. I looked at Penta, as I knew that this was where we were going to have to split off from one another.
She looked at me for a few moments, as I saw genuine fear in her eyes. I knew that she could not be the one that could go on ahead with the branch, as she was too afraid to do so. It was going to have to be me, but at the same time, Lunk knew that it was going to be me, as I was the only one that could possibly get through him.
I looked at Penta for a few moments, as I was about to say something to her, when all of the sudden a dragon flew past us, which was much to the surprise of me, as I was quite a bit confused as to what was going on at the current moment in time. I looked up at the dragon that flew past the both of us, as I instantly recognized it to be Nink.
He was flying right towards Lunk, as if he was going to come over, and take him down, and save the day for us. I saw that there was a bit of a confused, and a bit of a surprised look on the face of Lunk. He then realized who the dragon was, as he began to laugh at the same time too, as he swiped the dragon away, with a simple tap.
When I said that Nink was not the weakest dragon around, I did not mean that he was a strong dragon, and I could tell that the hit was a hard hit on him, as he fell to the ground, a bit out of breath. Lunk began to laugh at the same time too, as I could tell that it put Nink a bit down, as I saw him dip his head low, as he wondered as to why he had thought that he might have even had a chance.
He did not realize as to what he had done how ever, as I blinked a few times, as I began to realize that now was my perfect chance, and opportunity to be able to get past Lunk, while he was clearly distracted by the fact that he saw Nink on the ground, and was too busy laughing at him.
Penta was paying no sort of attention either, which I was fine with, as she had let go of the branch at this point. I blinked a few times, as I knew that now was not the time for me to hesitate, as this was the only chance that I had to get through all of this, as I suddenly began to fly forward, and full speed, and full acceleration.
Lunk turned his head, as he heard the loud and quick air fly past him, but it was too late for him to react at this point, as he turned his head over to see who it was that had just flown past him. I saw quite the look of shock on his face once again, as he did not realize the big mistake he had made.
I kept on flying, as I flew past the middle. I did not stop there how ever, as it felt like I was flying faster than I ever had before at this point, and I just wanted to enjoy all of it. I kept on going with a big smile on my face, as I drowned out all of the noise flying past me at the same time too.
I was right near the edge of the woods, and I was about to stop, when I suddenly saw a big dragon appear in front of me, with a big smile on his face at the same time to. I knew who the dragon was right away, as it was the dragon that had killed my brother that day a couple of years ago.
I did not stop, as I kept on going now, as I did not want to be any where near that dragon, as I felt that it could not be true. My father had killed Loi! I turned my head around, to see if he was chasing after me, but I then felt a loud smash, as I felt a lot of pain at the same time as well, as I fell to the ground.
I had just slammed in to a tree, as I realized right away, as I was in a lot of pain. I stared at where the dragon was, as he was no where to be seen, I then began to look all around me at the same time as well, as I was in quite a bit of panic, as I was worried that he was about to attack me as well.
I did not seem him any where how ever, as I realized that it was just a bad vision, as I knew that my father had killed that dragon, shortly after Loi had killed my brother. I stood there for a bit of some time still how ever, as I closed my eyes as well, as I did my best to shake off all of those memories, at the exact same time too.
I hated thinking back on all of that, though it never failed to not come up in to my mind every so often. It brought a lot of pain as well, every time. Luckily the pain that I felt from running in a tree, began to take over to pain that was going on in my head at the current moment, as the original rush of adrenaline began to run out.
I groaned in a lot of pain, as I opened my eyes, to see if any one was coming over to help me up. I would have thought so, as normally all of the dragons would have their eyes on me, when ever I was around, but this time it did not seem that it was the case at all how ever.
I lifted my head up a bit, as I looked around, to see what was going on at the current moment, as I heard the voices of dragons from the other side of the clearing. They were all cheering, as I was a bit lost on to what was going on at the current moment in time.
It all then came back to me at the same time too, as I saw that a bunch of dragons had their heads held high, as they were yelling in excitement, while there were also a bunch of other dragons on the other side of the line, that were doing just the opposite of the rest, as they had their heads low to the ground in disappointment and failure.
I blinked a few times, as it came back to me, as to what was going on at the current moment in time. I realized that we were playing a game of capture the branch, and we had just scored in fact. It sounded like my team mates were cheering louder than usual, as I looked down at the branch that was in my paws.
I stared at it for just a few moments, as I looked up, and over to all of the dragons that were in front of me. It then hit me as to why they were cheering so loud. I had just scored, and not just that, we were winning in a game that we were in an insane disadvantage is as well.
I shook my head, as I wondered just how hard that tree had hit me in the head. I lifted my self up after a few moments as well, as it was a bit hard, as I was not sure if it was the hit the the tree that was worse, or the fall that I had taken down to the ground.
I was just happy that no one had seen it though, as it was clear that all of the eyes were on the middle, and the fact that we had just scored. I stood there for a few moments, as I stretched off the pain that was coursing through me, as I then began to head over to the middle, and over to the spot to put my branch down, to signify the fact that we had just scored.
I groaned a bit, as it hurt me just to walk, but eventually, after a bit more time, I got used to it, as I headed over to the circle, to drop the branch down. As soon as I did so as well, I saw a lot of eyes on me once again. I dropped the branch down, as the cheering got even louder than before, as it cracked a bit of a smile on my face.
I looked at all of my team maters for a little while longer, as I stared at them, as they continued to cheer. Suddenly, at the exact same time as well, I heard the voice of a dragon speak from behind me. I turned my head over to the dragon, to see that it was Kota, and he had his eyes squinted at me as well, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"That was kind of cheap... Besides, surely that is against the rules..."