Chapter 24 (Jangras POV) Go! v2

I blinked, as soon as I heard the word, go. It was as if I had not actually heard it, and I was still waiting to hear what it was that Lunk had to say to me. As my eyes opened, after the quick blink of mine, I then saw that it was all just complete chaos, and no one was saying a word to one another.
It was almost as if this was not a team sport at all, as I saw that Penta, to no surprise by me at all, flew right in to the enemy base, and lost my sight on her. I looked over at Nink, as I saw him hesitate for a few seconds, but after a little while longer, he too followed in the foot steps of Penta.
I looked around, on the defensive side, as that we were actually doing a fairly good job of holding them off. Especially the dragon that was in the center of it all, as I saw that he had taken down 2 dragons, within just a couple of seconds. It was all going according to my plan, except for the fact, that I was not doing any thing to help.
I turned my head back on to the other side, as I knew that was where I needed to be at, at the current moment. My body did not seem to want to let me though, as I just stared at it for a little bit of some time. I gulped, as I knew what I had to do, and I knew that I needed to prove to not just Lunk, but a lot of other dragons as well, that I was in fact the dragon of destiny.
I was the strongest of all of the dragons, unless we were talking about brute strength, which was where Lunk had a bit of an advantage. I was the fastest of them all, and with the help of Lunk, and Penta, I knew that we should at least be able to score a few points for our team.
I shook it off, as suddenly a dragon then crashed it to me, at the exact same time as well. It shoved me down to the ground, as he fell down with me. I closed my eyes for a few moments, as it was a bit of a hard hit, and I had not seen in, coming at all, either.
I listened to the battle that was going on around me, as the sounds kind of were the same, as the sounds that were with me that one day. I shivered, as I felt a bit sick, at the thought of that day. I hated thinking back on it, but it never failed to come in to my mind, especially when stuff like this reminded me of it.
I remember the big dragon, that went by the name of, Loi, as he had my brother, Plok, held down to the ground, and as sick as it was to say, and what I would have thought I would have seen from no dragon, even if they were fighting an enemy, was a sick smile on the face of his.
He slowly killed my brother, as I watched, as I too was also being held down by another dragon. It was pure luck, as to the fact that my father had never told the black dragons that I had been born, and that I was the son of Himla, or else I would have ended up like my brother Plok.
It destroyed all of us, to see what it was that had happened, to not just him, but also to my sister, and my mother who also seemed to be without a soul after all of this as well. My father seemed to have it the worst, even though my sister was the one who ended up being half blind after all of it had settled.
My father had never been the same ever since that day, as I some times wondered if he believed that I was not the dragon of destiny at all, and that Plok had been instead, and that we had no hope. I knew it was not the case, but it some times did feel like it was, as he had not treated me, or the rest of the tribe, the same, since the day that it had happened.
I knew it was a lot to do with Plok, but it was also a lot to do with the fact that a ton of other dragons had gotten killed in that battle, and the family of those dragons, also blamed my father for it as well, as we all knew the same that I did, as to the fact that he had trusted a black dragon.
A dragon that I had fallen in love with as well, as it seemed like she had used me for a lot of it too, and the death of my brother, Plok, was also a lot of my fault as well. I still felt a bit of a way for that dragon, even after what she had done to the tribe, and to a lot of other dragons, for some odd reason or another.
When I had seen her a few moons ago, I had seemed to feel a bit of grief from her, as well as the fact that it seemed like she took a lot of the blame on her self. I knew her excuse had been the fact that she had been caught, and if she had not at least told them a little bit of truth, than we would have been a lot worse off.
It made sense as well, but it was still hard for me, as a lot of dragons did not see it that way, even if they were told it like that. I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I then began to hear the noise of the battle going on, around me, at the exact same time as well.
I opened my eyes, as I looked at the dragon that had taken me to the ground on my own side none the less, as I was a bit confused, as I thought that it had been perhaps one of my own team mates that had done it, as I saw that it was a red dragon that was staring right back at me, with a bit of a guilty, and an embarrassed look on its face.
I blinked a few times, as I realized that it was not one of my own team mates, as just because it was a red dragon, did not mean that it was on my own team. I knew that none of my team mates would have made that mistake on me either.
I looked at the red dragon for a little bit longer, as I realized that it was my old friend Kip, and he had quite the embarrassed look on his face. I tilted my head, as I was a bit confused as to why he had done that, as I then began to speak to him, at the exact same time too.
"You do realize... That this is our side... So, you just downed your self... You better get back to your own side." I said to him, with a bit of a grin on my face, as I was a bit lost on what it was that he was doing, and how he could be so stupid as well, as I knew that he was actually a very smart dragon indeed.
Kip blinked a few times, as he shook his head, as if he was agreeing that he was being an idiot. I wanted to laugh, but I held it in, as I knew this battle to Lunk at least, was no sort of laughing matter at all. I knew that I had some thing to prove to, not just him, but a lot of dragons too.
If Lunk was not going to tell people about it, if my team was to win, or to at least hold them off, that I knew that there was going to be a whole lot of dragons on my team, that were going to tell every one about the battle that had just gone on today.
I blinked a few times though, as I shook off those thoughts, as I looked at Kip for a bit longer, as I saw that he was looking around at the entire, battle field so to say, as he had a bit of a frightened look on the face in his, for some odd reason.
I stared at him for a little while, as I felt like he had just gone here to waste my time. I wondered if it had just been some sort of plan of Lunk, as I too looked around at the battle field, as I then spotted Lunk, on the ground, with 2 dragons on top of him, from not all that far away from me.
He was paying no attention to me at all, and I knew that it could not be true. I shook my head, as I looked back over at Kip, still a bit confused as to what it was that he was doing. Kip stared right back at me, as he then nodded to me, at the exact same time too, as he then began to speak to me.
"There is way too many of you! I must congratulate you, for the idea that you thought of... Though... I am not so sure how you and your friends are going to score, when our defense doubles your size." He said to me. I blinked a few times, as I was a bit lost, until I looked over at the other side.
It then hit me, as to all that was going on at the current moment, as I saw that Nink seemed to be being chased from all sides, as I looked at him from a far ways away. He seemed to have no sort of chance, to get any where near the big circle, even if he tried, there was just far too many dragons chasing him.
I looked a bit further around, as I saw that Penta was walking back a bit slowly to our side, as I saw a bit of an angry look on her face, as she had her head turned. I blinked a few times, as I saw that she was looking at 2 dragons, that had a but of an ugly smile on their faces, as it was clear that they were bragging to her, that they had taken her down.
I shook my head, as I then turned my head over to Kip at the same time too, as I knew that he was wasting my time, even if he was not doing it on purpose, I knew that he was a dragon that liked to talk a lot, when a lot of the time as well, it seemed to be a bit of a point less conversation, such as right now.
I stared in to the eyes of Kip for a bit of some time, as I could tell that it got in to his head as well. It was not what I had intended on doing, but I was starting to think that it might be a good idea. I shook my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts, and then I began to speak back to Kip.
"Yeah yeah... Get back to your side..." I said to him, pushing him off of the ground a little bit. He blinked a few times, as if he was a bit surprised by what it was that I had just said to him, as it was clear to him that I was pushing him away, as I had better things to do at the current moment.
He dipped his head down low to the ground, as he then nodded to me, as I watched him suddenly fly up in to the sky, and then head back over to his own side, so that he could then run back over to our own side. I thought about chasing him down, once he did so as well, until I realized that it was not my job to defend.
We had plenty of other dragons to do that right now, as I looked around, and saw that not a single dragon still, was getting close to our circle. At the same time, as I looked at the other side, and saw that Nink was being chased around, and dodging just about every dragon that ran after him, we also were not getting close either.
It also was not all that fair to us though, as to the fact that Lunk had clearly made the teams insanely uneven, and also the fact, that I still was standing here, as I had not done a single thing to help our team. I blinked a few times, as I did my best to shake off all of the thoughts running through my head at the exact moment.
I heard a dragon yell at me, which also did a good job to clear my head from those those thoughts too, as I looked over, to see the dragon that had just spoken to me. As I turned my head over to the dragon, I saw that it was Penta, which was to no surprise at all to me, as she was the only dragon on my team that would yell at me like that.
I blinked a few times, as I was still a bit lost to all that was going on at the current moment. I shook my head, as I saw her drawing a little bit closer to me as well, as I saw that she did not have that happy of a look on her face either.
I was a bit lost as to why, as I saw a lot of other dragons had turned their heads over to us as well, as it was clear that they wanted to see what was going on between us. Perhaps, they even wanted to see us fight again. I shook my head, as I knew that I needed to get over all of that still.
That was the whole reason that Lunk had made her a part of my team. She was a strong, and a smart dragon, but we did not gel well together, after the fight that we had, quite some time ago. I shook my head, as I listened to what it was that she had to say to my any ways, as I ignored all of the dragons that were staring at us.
"Are you going to help me and Nink, or are we going to have to some how do this all on our own? I mean... You already screwed us when you told us that it was just us 3... But now it is just us 2..." She said to me. I looked at her for a bit of time, as I looked over at Nink, seeing him with his head down, as he was coming back to our side.
He was paying me and Penta no attention at all, to my surprise, as he seemed a bit deep in to the little battle that was going on right now. I was proud of him, as it almost seemed like he was enjoying all of this, as strange as it was to say as well.
I shook my head, as I looked back over at Penta, as I saw that she had her eyes squinted at me, as if I was doing some thing suspicious. I blinked a few times, as I tried to remember what it was that she had just said, as I remembered at the same time too, all that was going on around us, at the current moment as well.
Me and Penta stared at each other for a little while longer, as I saw Nink just head back over to the other side, as it was clear to him, that he was not just going to give up hope, as I saw all 6 of the dragons on their team, all chasing after him. I then blinked, as it hit me, as this was our chance.
I pointed my paw over to the other side, as I had a bit of a smile on my face. It confused Penta quite a bit, as she then turned her head over to where it was that I was pointing at. I began to speak to Penta at the same time as well, as I had quite the excited tone of voice.
"Sorry..." I had begun to say, but as I looked over there, I saw a wide open lane over to the circle. I then began to speak up to Penta, a bit quicker than before, while we still had the chance. "This is our chance! They are all distracted at Nink! Lets go!"
Penta turned her head to me, as I saw that she still had her eyes squinted on me. She just nodded to me though, as she had no thoughts of any thing else besides us, some how finding a way to win this battle, clearly. I looked at the open lane for a little while longer, as I was worried that they might notice it at any point now.
Then Penta went, flying faster than I had ever seen her do before. At first it came as a bit of a shock to me, but I shook it off right away, as I knew that I could not let my self get trapped in my head once again, as I had already wasted a fair amount of time like that.
I then too, began to fly up in to the air a bit, copying what it was that Penta had done, as I flew past the line, and over in to the apposing teams side. I did not hesitate this time, as I caught up to Penta quickly, even though she was a very fast dragon, I was faster than she was.
Penta did not seem to be bothered by it at all though, as we both easily got in to the circle, before any dragon could see us coming. As I picked up the branch though, and I looked over at Penta, I saw that the other team then noticed that we had got in, as I saw them all flying back to the circle, freaking out a bit.
I heard one dragon begin to yell to all of the others, to get their attention on to the circle that me and Penta were in, at the exact moment in time. I listened to what it was that he had to say to all of the others, with a bit of a smile on my face, as I heard what it was that he had said.
"You idiots! They got in to the circle!" He yelled to all of them. I did my best to hide the fact that I had a grin on my face, but also the fact that I was laughing too, as I saw all of the dragons lose interest in Nink, as they all began to fly over to the circle, doing their best to surround us, as best as they could.
The grin began to disappear, as I saw so many dragons around me. It was not like it normally was, as I saw Nink fly in to the circle with us, as it was clear that it did not matter at all, to them. It was not normal, as when I was in the circle most times, there was not 6 dragons all around us, to stop us.
There was maybe 2 or 3 at max, due to the fact that the rest of their team had to stop the other players, from joining us in the circle. I blinked a few times, as I felt like a bit of an idiot, for not thinking this through at all. As I looked over at the other side, seeing that the fact that our team had been holding them off, was no longer the case at all.
It seemed like a lot of the dragons had got a bit tired, as I could see a lot of the dragons getting closer and closer to the circle. As I looked over at their side for just a little while longer as well, I saw that Kota was flying in, from the far right side, with another dragon, as they had an open lane to the circle, as not a single dragon noticed them.
I was about to yell to them, but I knew that it was no use, as it was too late, as Kota and the other dragon, landed in the circle, they picked up the branch as soon as they got in, and they did not hesitate, either, to fly out of the circle, and keep on going.
That was when I realized, that I should have warned my team before he had got in to the circle. It was a bit too late at this point, but I began to yell to the players that were on our side, to get their attention on the fact that Kota had the branch, and he was running over to their side with it.
"Stop him! Kota has the branch!" I yelled to all of them. All of the dragons that were on my team, turned their heads around, to see what it was that I was talking about. I realized that it might have been another mistake made by me, as it turned their attention away from the rest of the dragons that were going to the circle.
All of those dragons had big grins on their faces, as they saw the perfect open lane to go and defend Kota, so that he could get to the other side. I let out a bit of a loud groan, as I felt like it was far too late for us at this point, as it seemed like there was no chance that we were going to be able to stop him.
Kota was nearly half way to the other side at this point, and he had a lot of team mates running over to help him too. I was about to close my eyes, until I realized the fact, that we did in fact have 9 team mates, that were defending our side, and they were all flying to Kota, to try to stop them.
There was only so many dragons on their team, that could stop them from doing so. I looked for a bit longer, as I saw that Nink and Penta were doing the sane time too, as we watched all of the mayhem unfold, as I lost Kota in all of it, as there was so many dragons flying around, and a lot of them flying to the ground.
I stared for a bit longer, as I hoped to hear the cheering of our team, to tell me that they had stopped him, but that did not seem to be the case for quite some time. I did how ever, see a few dragons on Kota and Lunks team, fall to the ground in defeat, which was at least a little bit hopeful.
I was about to let out a bit of a sigh of a relief, when I then suddenly saw a wide open hole, and I groaned, when I saw what dragon was flying through it, with a branch in his hand. There was no one in front of him, to stop him from getting to the other side either.
I watched, as he was flying straight to the other side, when suddenly I saw a female dragon hit him right on his side. It made Kota fall of balance, as he nearly fell to the ground, but the most important part, was the fact that he had dropped the branch that he had been carrying with him, in his paw.
I nodded, as I was just about ready to celebrate, until I saw another dragon, which was Kip in this case, fly right under Kota, as he caught the branch just before it was to hit the ground. He, much like Kota had done, did not hesitate, as he continued to fly back over to his side, with the branch in his paw.
All of the dragons on both sides, had quite the shocked looks on their faces, as they had no clue as to what was going on. It was too late, as the dragon that had stopped Kota, was the only dragon that had been close enough to try and stop Kip, she had not seen in coming, as Kip flew right past her, as she turned her head over, a bit confused as to what was going on.
I let out a bit of a groan, as I knew that I could not blame her for it, as she did not think that some thing like that could even be possible, and she was not steady on her paws, after she had just stopped Kota. I stared at Kip, as he got past the line, with a big smile on his face as well.
Their entire team ran over to Kip and Kota, as they began to cheer them on. I saw that Lunk, out of all of them, lifted his head up, higher than the spot that he was allowed to be at. I was a bit confused for a few moments, until I realized that it was normal, and it was what happened every time some one was to score on both teams.
All of the dragons that were around us at the exact moment, then turned their heads over to Lunk, and to their team, as they heard the cheering. They had big smiles on their faces, as Lunk had one too, as he then began to yell loudly to all of the dragons that were on both of our teams.
"1 to 0, Kota's team is in the lead!" He said, as his team continued to cheer louder than before, after they had heard Lunk say it. Lunk looked right over at me, as his smile disappeared for some odd reason, as he flew down to the ground to continue to the game. "How did you let all 3 of them in the circle! You idiots! Only 2 of you need to guard each of them!"
His teammates that were around the circle at the current moment, had their heads lowered down a bit, as it was clear that they were embarrassed by the fact that they had some how let all of us in, when there was 6 of them, and simply only 3 of us.
Lunk shook his head, and then rolled his eyes, as he put his focus on the fact that he needed to help his team get back in to focus, after the fact that they were all still excited by the fact that they had just scored. His teammates that were in the circle still, were all looking at him still, or all had their heads down low to the ground.
That was when I realized, that this was our perfect chance, as I looked over at Nink and Penta. Their entire team that was on attack, was all lost, and excited about the fact that they had just scored, and their defenders, all were lost in their head, as many of them had their heads down in embarrassment.
I turned my head over to Nink, as I whispered to the both of them. Nink and Penta, like the rest of the defenders of Kotas team, were both lost in their head, as it seemed like they had just about lost all hope that we could possibly win, after what it was that they had just seen go down.
As I began to speak to the both of them though, it luckily was enough to draw their attention over to me, so that they could hear what it was that I had to say to them. They both blinked a few times, as they then nodded to me as well, to hear what it was that I had to say.
"Okay... They are distracted... Now is our chance..." I began to say to the both of them. I looked at them for a bit of time, as I shook my head at the same time as well, as it seemed like the both of them were lost in their head at the current moment in time.
I was beginning to feel hopeless, as I was not sure if there even was a chance now, that we could get out of this, even scoring a single point. This was our chance to go, while the defenders were not paying any attention, and we were wasting away at it.
I let out a hiss, not too loud to where it would draw the attention of the defenders, but enough to shake off the thoughts of Nink and Penta. Penta then seemed to nod, as she finally decided to speak to me as well, as I listened to what it was that she had to say back to me.
"What do you want us to do? There is 3 of us... And 6 of them... We have 9 defenders, and they are still getting through... There is no hope..." She said to me. I looked at her for a couple of moments, as I then rolled my eyes, at the exact same time as well.
I hated when any dragon had that kind of negative thinking, as I squinted my eyes at her, a bit upset by it. It did not seem to both Penta at all though, as she began to turn her head to the other team, as I knew that they were getting ready to plan another attack.
At this point I did not care, as I just wanted us to at least score one point, so that I did not look too weak for Lunk. I shook my head, as I spoke back to Penta as well, with a bit of some anger in my voice, as she turned her head, a bit confused by it, as she listened to what it was that I had to say.
"They will think that I have the branch, so I go first... They are still distracted, and they will more than likely all go after me... Penta, you just try to distract the rest of them, once I am out." I began to say to them. I then turned my head over to Nink, as I squinted my eyes at him. I smiled at him as well, as I handed to branch over to him, and I began to speak as well. "Nink... You are fast... This is your chance... Once you see Penta get out, you find the most open area, and you, go!"