Chapter 31 (Jangras POV) Half Time v2

I looked at Kota for a few moments, as I saw that his eyes were squinted on me, and he did not seem to have too happy of a look on his face at the exact same time either. I saw many of the other dragons on his team all around him, as it was clear that they had his support on what it was that he had just said to me.
I tilted my head as I was a bit confused as to what it was that he was getting at. I knew that it was not a part of the rules, as the game was supposed to go on, as soon as the other team dropped their branch down, showing that they had just scored a point for their team.
I saw a lot of nods from many dragons, and some guilty looks on the faces of the dragons on my own team. I was starting the think twice about all of this now, and thinking that it might have been a bad idea, and I had in the end, made my self to kind of look like a bit of a fool.
I did my best to hold my ground solid, as I still felt like I had not broken any sort of rules, but I could not help the fact that so many other dragons clearly thought that I had done so, that it was getting to my head. I stared at Kota, as I knew that I had a guilty look on my face at the same time too, just by the typical smirk that came on Kotas face when he won an argument.
I was close friends with Kota, but it was one of the things that I did not like about him at all, was when ever some one was to get in to a bit of a disagreement with him, he would not stop until he felt as if he had won. I shook my head though, as I was not sure what to think, or to say back to him at the moment.
I had to admit to my self, that I might have mistakenly made my self out to be a bit of an idiot, and a bit of a cheater to all of the people that were around me, as I saw that many of the dragons on the other team were not happy with me at all. I was not sure how I was going to recover my self status to all of them either.
This time I did dip my head a bit low to the ground, as I knew that Kota was looking at me with a bit of a smirk on his face, which I did my best to ignore as well, as I also could nearly feel Penta staring me down with a look as if she was saying to me in my own head, 'I told you so'.
I almost wanted to laugh at all of it, even though it really was not funny at all, just because I for some reason always managed to laugh when I was in a stressful situation, usually one that was not funny at all either. I held my self in this time, though I did keep my head down low to the ground.
I knew this was not a good look for an eventual leader of the tribe, which I still felt like I did not really want to be so, I knew that I had to, if I was in fact the dragon of destiny. Was the dragon of destiny a cheater though? I felt kind of sick for what it was that I had just done a few moments ago.
I lifted my head a little bit higher up, not to brag about any thing at all, as I still had the look of guilt on my own face, as I looked to Kota, to see that he still had the same upset look on his face, rather than him having a smirk, which caught me off guard a bit, as it was not what I had been expecting at all.
I saw Penta from the corner of her eyes as well, as she did not have the look on her face that I had been expecting either, as it felt as if I might have over thought all of this. I saw a bit more of a guilty look on her face as well, which I was not sure if it were due to her feeling like she had played a part on it, or if it was because she was in the presence of Kota.
I knew that she had a bit of a fear to be any where near that dragon, as she had made her self look like quite the idiot when she had done what she had done just a couple of years ago. I knew she was afraid to get near him, as it felt like she always thought he judged her for it, when ever they were close to one another.
It made sense to, as I knew that dragons felt like an idiot, and they felt a lot of fear as well, when ever they got denied of love from another dragon. I was not sure what it was that she had been thinking a long time ago though. I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I knew that I needed to be focused on the present, and what was going on all around me right now.
I stared back at Kota, as I remembered what it was that I had just done a few moments before now. I squinted my eyes at him, as the thoughts of me being any sort of a guilty dragon for what I had done, soon seemed to go away from my head, as I could tell it got in to his head just a little bit.
I seemed to be able to do that very easily for some reason as well, to even the strongest dragons, as I had begun to notice a lot as of late. I did not mean to do it to him, but I felt like it gave me a bit of an upper hand in it, as I finally began to speak back to him, as I saw his head was down to the ground.
"I mean... I don't feel like I broke the rules at all... I thought we were supposed to keep going after another team scored... I mean we can put the score back to the way it was before, if you are really so worried about it..." I said back to him, as I felt like I had said just what I needed to say, to get me out of this.
I also felt like I had not broken the rules at the same time too, but if every one else felt like I had, than I suppose that we could take off that point for us, though my brain was a bit dead at the exact moment, and I was not so sure how I was going to get another point for our team now.
Lunk had got his team in to a defense, as to where there was no possible way that Penta was going to get in, as the dragons that were there to stop us, were not exact an easy bunch to go through. I felt like Nink might be able to swerve through, and do some thing, but I was not sure as to what it was that he could do once he got the branch.
I felt like I could go through as well, even though I knew it would be hard for me, but I was not sure how I was going to get to our side, once I did get the branch. I blinked a few times, as I suddenly shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too.
I saw Lunk suddenly land on the ground in between the both of us, as I saw that he had a bit of his own guilty look on his face at the same time too. I was a bit confused as to why that might be so as well, as I would have thought that he, out of all of the dragons would have felt like his team had gotten cheated.
Lunk was looking at all of the dragons that were around him at the current moment, as he turned his head to each one of them, one by one, as I saw that a lot of them dipped their heads a bit low to the ground, as I could tell that they could not lock eyes with him. It was always strange to me how Lunk could do that to so many other dragons.
It was almost as if they were afraid to look back in to his eyes, as if they had done some thing wrong for some reason, and he was their parents. I shook my head though, as I saw that the dragons that he was looking at, were his own team, which confused me a lot, as I had thought that this was meant to be my fault.
As I saw that a lot of dragons on his team looked away from me finally, Lunk then turned his head back over to the middle, and he looked at me for a little bit of some time, until he then nodded to me, after just a couple more moments as well.
I was a bit confused on what it was that was exactly going on at the exact moment in time, but I just stared back at him, and then I nodded to him as well. He let out a bit of a loud sigh, so that every one else could hear as well, as he then began to speak back to me, and I listened to what it was that he had to say on all of this.
"Jangra did not break any rules... It was my own selfishness that let them score. You are supposed to keep going with the game after you score... I should have waited til half time before I spoke to all of you... I apologize..." He said to, at first, I thought to be me, but I then realized that he was speaking to every dragon that was in the very big clearing.
I saw many of those dragons keep their heads to the ground, as a couple of them looked at Lunk, and they nodded to him at the same time too, as it was clear that they were agreeing with what it was thar he had just said. It was a surprise to me, not just the reaction of the dragons, but also the fact that Lunk had admitted that he had made a big mistake.
Lunk continued to look at me, even though he had meant it to all of the dragons that were around him at the moment, as I then saw him dip his head a bit low the ground, as it was clear that he was admitting to me, that he was the one that had made the mistake, and I was just the dragon that had made the smart move to feed off of the mistake that he had made.
I was still a bit shocked by it, as it was a lot for me to take in all at once, as there was a bit of some silence in the clearing for a long period of time, as it was clear that no one was sure what to say at the moment, nor were they sure if they wanted to say any thing either, as it stayed that way for a bit longer.
That was, until I heard voices speaking to each other a bit quietly. I dipped my head a bit low to the ground for just a little while, as at first I had thought that it was the dead dragons that some times came to me, and spoke to me usually late at night, saying a lot of words that were far too quiet for me to understand.
When it had first happened a little bit of some time ago, at first it had scared me, as I thought that I was going crazy, as I could not see any of the dragons that were talking to me. How ever, I realized it was not the case, as when I went to Socra about it, she told me that it was what a leader usually heard in their head, as they were trying to give me sone kind of advice.
I blinked a couple of times, as I got all of my thoughts off of the present, as I then remembered the night that I had gone up to the cave to talk to Socra, and I had been so afraid with all that was going on with me. I stood in this spot for a while, as I closed my eyes, recalling how the memory had gone.